Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by cert4me

Member Name: cert4me
Cruise Date: November 2012
Embarkation: other
Cabin Category: PR

So much potential, so little delivery
This is a beautiful ship. The common areas are well thought out with elegance and comfort designed to be "normal" for the space. The cabins are a bit smaller than I am used to but the Promenade cabin was a lot of fun for people watching. This was a charter cruise so the programs and excursions were a bit different. However, the things which caused me concern were the same on this cruise as the only other RCI cruise I have taken [Mariner of the Seas].

The proportion of staff to management seems out of balance with the result the working staff seem hounded by the management. Never have I had any other cruise line employee take items I am considering buying and put them into a box for storage "because the sale is over" at the direction of the boss standing over them. The deck manager, again someone with strips on his shirt, was upset the passengers were moving the deck chairs around and the deck was looking like a "refugee camp". Really, passengers moving chairs generates that level of vulgar response? Such an over the top response makes me question if the cruise line is more interested in their passengers enjoyment or the strict adherence the cruise lines plan.

On a more positive note-the cabin stewards and staff in the WindJammer cafe were wonderful. Helpful, cheerful and anxious to fulfill whatever request we had. I really wish we had the option to send our dining room tips to the people who took such good care of us all week.

Probably not going to become a fan of this cruise line or spend my money in their corporation again. With approximately 12-15 cruises I know where I am comfortable and I want no part of helping people with authority push others around.

Publication Date: 11/21/12