“So much potential, so little delivery”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas

cert4me Freedom of the Seas 3 So much potential, so little delivery
cert4me
Member Since 2001
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

This is a beautiful ship. The common areas are well thought out with elegance and comfort designed to be "normal" for the space. The cabins are a bit smaller than I am used to but the Promenade cabin was a lot of fun for people watching. This was a charter cruise so the programs and excursions were a bit different. However, the things which caused me concern were the same on this cruise as the only other RCI cruise I have taken [Mariner of the Seas].

The proportion of staff to management seems out of balance with the result the working staff seem hounded by the management. Never have I had any other cruise line employee take items I am considering buying and put them into a box for storage "because the sale is over" at the direction of the boss standing over them. The deck manager, again someone with strips on his shirt, was upset the passengers were moving the deck chairs around and the deck was looking like a "refugee camp". Really, passengers moving chairs generates that level of vulgar response? Such an over the top response makes me question if the cruise line is more interested in their passengers enjoyment or the strict adherence the cruise lines plan.

On a more positive note-the cabin stewards and staff in the WindJammer cafe were wonderful. Helpful, cheerful and anxious to fulfill whatever request we had. I really wish we had the option to send our dining room tips to the people who took such good care of us all week.

Probably not going to become a fan of this cruise line or spend my money in their corporation again. With approximately 12-15 cruises I know where I am comfortable and I want no part of helping people with authority push others around.

Freedom of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Promenade Stateroom

PR7589
Promenade 7589-equal distance to either the front or back bank of elevators. Fairly quiet hallway. Plan on walking miles everyday to get to the Windjammer or the Arcadia theater. Mid ship but still very aware of the roll when the waves get high. Window seat to watch people below on the Promenade is great! Space is well used but if you need to plug something on the bedside table bring an extension cord of at least 9 feet.
Published 11/21/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Freedom of the Seas Review
Freedom of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?