Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by cruisingadoptionworker: Dream Holyland Cruise

Dream Holyland Cruise

Sail Date: October 2012
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Other

We did the 11 night Holyland cruise, and even though there were some real concerns about the politics in the areas, none of our itinerary was cancelled.

Embarkation: We took the train from Rome to the port, and was able to see the ship and walk to it. The port itself is a big room in a balloon like building that was crowded and hot. Not too much fun. It took about an hour.

Dining: Was SPECTACULAR. I was so surprised at how good the food was and such passion and detail was given. I seen the executive chef constantly surveilling the food. I paid for Le Bistro. It was "meh" but the husband loved their soup.

Shows: Only did a couple as I was so exhausted every day from the itinerary but they were good.

Fitness: Okay, boo ncl. No change rooms? Seriously? And only one bathroom which every woman uses to change in? That was a let down. But the equipment was good.

I had a balcony and oh wasn't it just so lovely. I got to see two dolphins swim More up to the ship when we were near Cyprus.

Turkey: Bring money, and lots. This was an amazing port to explore and SHOP. I got great deals, and a beautiful Turkish Tapestry that is ridiculoulsy huge and is hanging in my house now. Really great place to get name brands as well. We just took a cab up to see the castle and then shopped and bought a hooka pipe. :)

Cyprus- Did a bus tour of all the places, then hung out at the port. Nice, relaxing day.

Israel- Did a two day guide with Israel Guided Tours. It superceded any of my hopes and dreams for this trip. I still can't believe I went there. So amazing.

Egypt- I had big dreams for this place, but found out it was the toilet bowl of teh world. It was so dirty, and garbage filled, and looked like a CNN war zone. Most people even barely got off the bus at the Pyramids as the vendors were the most aggressive I have ever come across in 11 cruises. I'm really not exaggerating. If you are sad that this port was cut, DON'T BE. It was nothing short of disgusting. I paid 500 dollars to do the Camel and Jeep Safari tour with NCL (first time I have ever paid for a ship excursion mind ya) and all I can see yuck. Can't pay me to go back to Egypt (however ncl did a good job).

Such an amazing trip. Spent six months preparing for it, and still can't belive I got to go. Less

Read more Norwegian Jade cruise reviews >>