Norwegian Jade 5

cruisingadoptionworker
Member Since 2005
117 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

We did the 11 night Holyland cruise, and even though there were some real concerns about the politics in the areas, none of our itinerary was cancelled.

Embarkation: We took the train from Rome to the port, and was able to see the ship and walk to it. The port itself is a big room in a balloon like building that was crowded and hot. Not too much fun. It took about an hour.

Dining: Was SPECTACULAR. I was so surprised at how good the food was and such passion and detail was given. I seen the executive chef constantly surveilling the food. I paid for Le Bistro. It was "meh" but the husband loved their soup.

Shows: Only did a couple as I was so exhausted every day from the itinerary but they were good.

Fitness: Okay, boo ncl. No change rooms? Seriously? And only one bathroom which every woman uses to change in? That was a let down. But the equipment was good.

I had a balcony and oh wasn't it just so lovely. I got to see two dolphins swim More up to the ship when we were near Cyprus.

Turkey: Bring money, and lots. This was an amazing port to explore and SHOP. I got great deals, and a beautiful Turkish Tapestry that is ridiculoulsy huge and is hanging in my house now. Really great place to get name brands as well. We just took a cab up to see the castle and then shopped and bought a hooka pipe. :)

Cyprus- Did a bus tour of all the places, then hung out at the port. Nice, relaxing day.

Israel- Did a two day guide with Israel Guided Tours. It superceded any of my hopes and dreams for this trip. I still can't believe I went there. So amazing.

Egypt- I had big dreams for this place, but found out it was the toilet bowl of teh world. It was so dirty, and garbage filled, and looked like a CNN war zone. Most people even barely got off the bus at the Pyramids as the vendors were the most aggressive I have ever come across in 11 cruises. I'm really not exaggerating. If you are sad that this port was cut, DON'T BE. It was nothing short of disgusting. I paid 500 dollars to do the Camel and Jeep Safari tour with NCL (first time I have ever paid for a ship excursion mind ya) and all I can see yuck. Can't pay me to go back to Egypt (however ncl did a good job).

Such an amazing trip. Spent six months preparing for it, and still can't belive I got to go. Less

Norwegian Jade Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean

Published 11/21/12

Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Jade Review

Norwegian Jade Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?