Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by cruisingadoptionworker

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by cruisingadoptionworker
Norwegian Jade
Norwegian Jade
Member Name: cruisingadoptionworker
Cruise Date: October 2012
Embarkation: other
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: BD
See More About: Norwegian Jade Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Dream Holyland Cruise
We did the 11 night Holyland cruise, and even though there were some real concerns about the politics in the areas, none of our itinerary was cancelled.

Embarkation: We took the train from Rome to the port, and was able to see the ship and walk to it. The port itself is a big room in a balloon like building that was crowded and hot. Not too much fun. It took about an hour.

Dining: Was SPECTACULAR. I was so surprised at how good the food was and such passion and detail was given. I seen the executive chef constantly surveilling the food. I paid for Le Bistro. It was "meh" but the husband loved their soup.

Shows: Only did a couple as I was so exhausted every day from the itinerary but they were good.

Fitness: Okay, boo ncl. No change rooms? Seriously? And only one bathroom which every woman uses to change in? That was a let down. But the equipment was good.

I had a balcony and oh wasn't it just so lovely. I got to see two dolphins swim up to the ship when we were near Cyprus.

Turkey: Bring money, and lots. This was an amazing port to explore and SHOP. I got great deals, and a beautiful Turkish Tapestry that is ridiculoulsy huge and is hanging in my house now. Really great place to get name brands as well. We just took a cab up to see the castle and then shopped and bought a hooka pipe. :)

Cyprus- Did a bus tour of all the places, then hung out at the port. Nice, relaxing day.

Israel- Did a two day guide with Israel Guided Tours. It superceded any of my hopes and dreams for this trip. I still can't believe I went there. So amazing.

Egypt- I had big dreams for this place, but found out it was the toilet bowl of teh world. It was so dirty, and garbage filled, and looked like a CNN war zone. Most people even barely got off the bus at the Pyramids as the vendors were the most aggressive I have ever come across in 11 cruises. I'm really not exaggerating. If you are sad that this port was cut, DON'T BE. It was nothing short of disgusting. I paid 500 dollars to do the Camel and Jeep Safari tour with NCL (first time I have ever paid for a ship excursion mind ya) and all I can see yuck. Can't pay me to go back to Egypt (however ncl did a good job).

Such an amazing trip. Spent six months preparing for it, and still can't belive I got to go.

Publication Date: 11/21/12