1. getting on: no power due to left overs from hurricane sandy. port staff and cruise staff were helpful.
2. getting in: security and checkin were typical. no issues. its not rocket science folks, anyone that complains that they were treated badly or freaks out when they don't get their bottle of wine put in their hands 2 seconds after flinging their Id at the staff rudely, deserve what they get.
3. food: buffet food during first day is always amusing. crowded and long lines. get a table first, and send all but one party out for the food. Its not rocket science.
4. dinning room: we arrived between 6 and 6:15 every day, and were promptly served. requests for stuff not on the menu were always provided. (typically, more veggies, less starch.
5. Michael (our dinner waiter) was also the 'coffee station' guy. we miss him already.
6. room: room was fine for storage and being super clean: however, there was constant under the More
floor noise. sounded like either Ducts being banged on, wheels rolling around or scraping. I think some insulation was needed. couldn't hear our neighbors at all.
7. shows: all were funny and entertaining.
8. booze. folks that are 10+ cruises and still act shocked that their beer was $6? no one medically needs booze, just stop complaining. however, the drinks were fun and good. LI Ice teas will mess you up!
9: arcade and casino. no comments, didn't use either.
10: excursions: didn't do any.
11: club o2 and club carnival were both very heavily used and my kids both had a great time.
If you can get to the 9th deck forward at night, do it. the stars on a clear night are just absolutely amazing. Less