Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Dolphin1964

Member Name: Dolphin1964
Cruise Date: November 2012
Cabin Category: BB

First time cruise
After we booked our cruise we looked at the reviews and was not sure if we made the right choice. We read good and bad review, all I can say is the cruise is what you make it out to be. We are first time cruisers and are very simple people.

We had a wonderful time and would do it all over again.

We arrived at the ship around 1:45 and was able to walk on and get signed up, with being our first time it took a little longer because we were not sure what to do but everyone was helpful. We were on the ship and got something to eat by 2:30.

Staff was wonderful and always willing to help when needed.

Food was great, we never had the same thing twice and was able to try all different types of food. We didn't go to the special dinning rooms, we didn't want to pay extra for food when there was enough items on the menu's of the other dinning rooms. It was nice that you didn't have to dress up (suit or dress) to go into the main dinning rooms. We wore black slacks and a nice shirt, my husband hates to dress up.

Our room was small but we knew that going into the cruise so it was not a surprise. It was just the two of us and we were not in our room very much. The rooms were always clean. They came in the morning to make your bed and then in the afternoon they came back to give you new towels and leave the next days activities list in your room

There were activities for all ages or you could just sit around rest and do nothing.

A few things that I would like to have seen was more then just water and tea at lunch and dinner. It would have been nice to had lemonade or juice. We are not drinkers so it was either water or tea. The soda package was around $65.00 or so which I thought was a little expensive compared to other ships.

My husband would like to have had the sports station on our TV in the room to watch Sunday night football as the bars on the ship were so crowded you could not get in on Sunday night.

As far as getting a chair by the pool we had no problem as long as you were there by 9:00 in the morning. Pools were a little crowded but you were able to get in and cool off.

This cruise was wonderful and like I said we would do it all over again. The best part is that I didn't have to do anything, no cooking, cleaning or driving. I just set back and let people wait on me. The only decision we had to make was what activities we were going to do and what to eat.

Leaving the ship was not as easy as getting on but still was not bad, I was a little worried about not catching our bus back to the airport but we had plenty of time. I never heard them call our tag color but we kept watching others and seen that they were leaving so we followed.

We do plan on going on another cruise in a few years.

Publication Date: 11/20/12