Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by MSSQRL: Carnival Miracle - Western Caribbean

Compare Prices on Carnival Miracle Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Miracle - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: May 2005
Embarkation: Tampa

We had a wonderful trip, but as with anything it had it's pros and cons. I'll try to give a brief overview from my point of view using as few words as possible.

Embarkation at Tampa: Excellent Ship: The ship was not my favorite. The decor is so busy a lot of it is down right tacky. The common areas were extremely COLD and the areas where pictures were taken were much too crowded during dinner hours.

Cabin: Excellent We had a balcony room and it was almost as nice as the suite we had on a previous cruise. Of course, if I were upgraded I wouldn't turn down a suite but I wouldn't pay the difference in price to get a suite because the regular balcony room was very nice. We had plenty of room and plenty of storage space.

Cabin Stewards: Excellent.

Food: Fair The food on Lido was better than the food in the dining room. We changed our dinner from early to late to be with some cruising friends and the service was so slow that we never finished dinner More until 10:30 or 11:00 which is far too late.

Dining Staff: Fair They were very attentive but slow, slow, slow.

Activities: Good but scheduling was poor. Because of our late seating we had to miss several activities.

Entertainment: Poor (Except for hypnotist who was good and "Music Unlimited" that played in Frankie and Johnnies which was excellent. The main show for the last night was absolutely terrible.

Ports: Grand Cayman-Expensive, Costa Maya-Excellent, Cozumel-Excellent and Belize-Fair Staff: Very good for the most part

Debarkation: HORRIBLE We could not dock at the port and had to be bussed. We were some of the last ones called and did not get off the ship until after 10:00.

At the end of the cruise we were given comment cards, but the Cruise Director made it very clear that he wanted us to give them an excellent on everything. He even said in a jokingly but serious way that if we put anything besides excellent, our card might not make it into the $100 drawing.

I would not sail on the Miracle again. Less