“Celebrity Eclipse - Save your Money ”
Cruise review of Celebrity Eclipse

clp49 Celebrity Eclipse 2 Celebrity Eclipse - Save your Money
clp49
Member Since 2012
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We just returned from an 8 day cruise on the Celebrity Eclipse. This was our second Celebrity cruise and was much anticipated. We decided to splurge and stayed on the Concierge deck. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY! The incentives for the Concierge deck are promised, but not delivered. Flowers in your room constitute a flower in a bud vase in the bath and bedroom. Fruit was delivered daily, but no different from the fruits available throughout the ship. As for the hor d'oeuvres, forget about it.....slices of cucumber with processed cheese spread do not resemble any hor d'oeuvres I've ever seen. There was no special embarkation and as for debarkation, we were given luggage tags with "60" the last to be taken off the ship. We booked in the 3 specialty restaurants. Qzine was good, a little complicated having to order off the I-pad, but we had no complaints with the food, Tuscany was awful; 3 out of the 4 at our table did not like the steaks. They serve a seafood soup that had mussels and the menu did not disclose this. My sister is allergic and was quite upset after she started eating the soup and found a large mussel. Murano was the saving grace....it was fantastic. When my husband booked the dinner reservations with Celebrity and inquired about a package, he was told none was available. When we boarded, we bought the wine package to accompany our dinners. When we got to our stateroom, the daily paper advertised 3 dinner or 5 dinner packages at a substantial savings. It took the entire week to get this straightened out and it was as if they were doing us a huge favor. The dining room food was barely adequate...on par with a Carnival cruise and certainly not what I remembered from my previous Celebrity cruise. Dishes were greasy, food not hot and mediocre in taste. My husband is diabetic and no sugar free desserts were on the menu. The daily buffet was plentiful, however, if you are health conscious, there was very little available. No sliced fresh turkey breast, only processed meats and fish; everything was sitting in oil. The only fish was fried. No sugar free desserts and only one flavor ice cream or yogurt with no sugar added. For us, there was a lot of food, but nothing to eat except for salads (no low fat or sugar free dressings except for oil and vinegar). All in all, the ship is beautiful, housekeeping terrific, but food and beverage sub-par. This is the first cruise I've ever been on where if you have a problem, the staff is indifferent. Usually, it's how can I make this right....not thank you for your comment with no resolution. Sitting at the pool, our experience was not unique as others were with the same complaints. As far as I am concerned, this will be my last Celebrity cruise.
Celebrity Eclipse Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Eclipse Review
Celebrity Eclipse Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?