Disney Magic Cruise Review by lovleigh: Amazing Trip, despite opinions of certain naysayers

Disney Magic 5
lovleigh
Member Since 2012
41 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Amazing Trip, despite opinions of certain naysayers

Sail Date: March 2012
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)

I took this trip back in March and reading a particular review sparked me to write this review. I am a single mother of an 8 year old at the time of cruising who wanted a mother and son trip. I layed down some rules such as we must eat together, swim together and watch all shows together other than that he is free to attend the kids club. During his kid club indulgence I found some relaxation time of my own. I can't go on enough about this amazing trip

Service: Disney cast members have a way of making you feel like you are the most important people on the ship.

Food: I think it is telling of your own character if you can't find something delicious on this ship. The themed restaurants and buffet is loaded with many options and if you don't like what you were served they will get you something else. I never really liked any of the beef options that I tried but the chicken, fish, pasta were aweseome.

Entertainment: Alot of negative reviews that I read More didn't even try the entertainment, well guess what, that is your loss...you missed out. Each show was wonderful.

KIDS CLUB: I read a review where a single mom didn't have their child go to the club because it was their time together, and they really seemed to want an in your face disney experience and they felt ripped off. Well in my opionion it was that individuals son that was ripped off. My 8 year old went to the club and I had to force him to leave for quality time together. They have so much to do for kids just take the time to read the daily list of activities, and if that does not suffice there is sports, entetainment, swimming, movies indoor and out.

Castaway Cay: I don't know how it is even possible to complain about this place. So much to do, so beautiful. Most negative reviews did not reflect the castaway cay that I visited.

The kids pool is a little small but my son didn't care. If you are a closed minded person you will have a bad time. I read some reviews and laugh because the things that are being complained about is so trivial. These people seem to be born with a silver spoon in their mouth.

Despite being sea sick for two days, then a lung/throat infection for the remainder of the time (caught from the long train ride I took to orlando from New york) it was one of the most wonderfully memorable experiences one could hope for. Less

Published 11/19/12

Read more Disney Magic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Magic Review >>

Compare Prices on Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: 11B Standard Inside Stateroom

Perfect inside stateroom with lots of room

Read All Standard Inside Stateroom (11B) Reviews >>
lovleigh
Member Since 2012
41 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X