Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by bltinfla

Cruise Date: November 2012
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: PT
See More About: Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Better than expected
We sailed on November 5 out of Port Canaveral. Since we are on the FL west coast we drove and left the car at Park n Cruise. It was well worth the savings. Boarding was quick and efficient. Although we did not get our luggage until almost sailing time it didn't matter as we had enough to do.

I guess everyone wants to mention the food, so I will too. The food in the Panorama (buffet) was as expected for a cruise ship. The lines didn't seem to be too long and we didn't have to "fight" for a table. My complaint was the Grill and Mongolian Grill. They seemed to be understaffed at both as there was only one person preparing the food for a host of waiting people. Eventually a second "chef" joined the first and this speed-ed things up. The first night at the dining room was unimpressive. The selection were downright "Golden Corral"-like.

But I have to admit, the servings on the next nights were very good. One night the prime rib was excellent. The Corvina (fish) was also very good. They even had some great selections for appetizers such as sushi and frog legs.

I have to admit, we sailed on the Oasis 6 weeks previously, so we were spoiled by comparison. The Ecstasy seemed more crowded than the Oasis.

The staff was very polite and the accommodations very good. We enjoyed many activities on the ship.

As far as the ports go...what can I say? Freeport and Nassau are there. And Key West is the usual Key West. I have been on Carnival before and thought I'd never sail with them again until I joined this group tour. I must say overall it was an enjoyable experience.

The shows were mediocre at best and they had two which were repeated several times.

Publication Date: 11/18/12