Carnival Elation Cruise Review by mojo080808: Slightly Less Than Expected
Member Since 2009
Compare Prices on Carnival Elation Western Caribbean Cruises
Slightly Less Than Expected
We've cruised about 10 times but this was our first from New Orleans. I highly recommend staying in or near the French Quarter for a couple of days before or after your cruise...it was highly enjoyable. As for the cruise itself, you get what you pay for (cheap), but we were just looking for a quick get away and didn't expect otherwise. Here are our highlights/low-lights:
* Anytime dining was a breeze. Never had to wait more than a couple of minutes. Always had tables for two available.
* Comedy shows were excellent...especially Cee Jay Jones.
* Uxmal tour is highly recommended. Full access to the majority of buildings and no vendors. Tour guides were average.
* Plenty of outside lounge chairs always open...no need to save.
* Weather was fantastic.
* Quality of service in dining room was sporadic and typically below par compared to past cruises(and we are not picky). Also, we were always More placed in a different section although there was plenty of room in all sections. On other cruises that have this type of dining, we were usually placed with the same wait staff.
* Production shows were below average. Last day was basically a talent show starring passengers. Of all the passengers in the show, one had real talent. I guess this is just luck of the draw for each cruise.
* There are always a number of both rude and pleasant fellow passengers on any cruise...this one definitely leaned towards the rude side. Not sure if it due to embarking from New Orleans, or maybe just bad luck. Not a big deal to us but noticeable.
On a final note, it was enjoyable seeing all of the creative methods that were used to attempt to smuggle alcohol on board. I saw several passengers busted while embarking. Maybe just drink less or budget appropriately...they do allow 1 bottle of wine per person. Less
Read more Carnival Elation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Elation Review >>
Cabin review: Carnival Elation U44
Another great trip on Reflecti...
Carnival Glory 2014
A great way to get to Mexico w...
Went in to this expecting the ...
Carnival Elation Was An Awesom...