Slightly Less Than Expected: Carnival Elation Cruise Review by mojo080808
Overall Member Rating
Slightly Less Than Expected
Destination: Western Caribbean
Embarkation: New Orleans
* Anytime dining was a breeze. Never had to wait more than a couple of minutes. Always had tables for two available.
* Comedy shows were excellent...especially Cee Jay Jones.
* Uxmal tour is highly recommended. Full access to the majority of buildings and no vendors. Tour guides were average.
* Plenty of outside lounge chairs always open...no need to save.
* Weather was fantastic.
* Quality of service in dining room was sporadic and typically below par compared to past cruises(and we are not picky). Also, we were always More placed in a different section although there was plenty of room in all sections. On other cruises that have this type of dining, we were usually placed with the same wait staff.
* Production shows were below average. Last day was basically a talent show starring passengers. Of all the passengers in the show, one had real talent. I guess this is just luck of the draw for each cruise.
* There are always a number of both rude and pleasant fellow passengers on any cruise...this one definitely leaned towards the rude side. Not sure if it due to embarking from New Orleans, or maybe just bad luck. Not a big deal to us but noticeable.
On a final note, it was enjoyable seeing all of the creative methods that were used to attempt to smuggle alcohol on board. I saw several passengers busted while embarking. Maybe just drink less or budget appropriately...they do allow 1 bottle of wine per person. Less
Cabin review: U44
Cruise that created lasting li...
Small ship with a big heart
Graduation Celebration 2017
The Worst Cruise on the Worst ...
Great Easter Trip on on the El...