Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by fridaythe13th: 11/6/2012 - 11/14/2012 NY to Florida and The Bahamas

fridaythe13th
Member Since 2006
3,731 Posts

Compare Prices on Carnival Miracle Bahamas Cruises

11/6/2012 - 11/14/2012 NY to Florida and The Bahamas

Sail Date: November 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

We (50ish sisters) took the Entertainment Tours bus from PVD to the Manhattan Port, getting there at about 12:30. The power was still out in the terminal so we had to take the stairs since the elevators didn't work and it was a little chilly inside. Thankfully they were able to use the PC's. We had VIP status so our boarding took no time at all. We were on by 1 and the cabins were ready about 1:10. Driving through the city was sad with all of the bags of trash piled up from Hurricane Sandy.
Our cabin was definitely not re-done. The carpet was badly stained and the beds were saggy. On top of that there was no cold water, the door on the shower was falling off and the hinge on the bathroom door needed WD40 real bad. Speaking of the bathroom, the soap dish in the shower held water making your soap soggy, what were they thinking? I thought all soap dishes drained. In the basket of goodies were toothpaste, lotion, shampoo and conditioner. We found two Kleenex not picked up More from the previous occupants (clearly in view). I wish they had a sliding balcony door as all you could hear from your neighbors was the door slamming shut if you didn't hold onto it. And with families with kids on either side of us, that made for a lot of door slamming.
We did check out the gym and there was plenty of equipment.
We loved the theatre as you have a little table and room for people to walk by without having to stand up. I thought the ship was easy to navigate. If you get confused which way to walk there is a diagram of the ship near the elevators and along the walkway's. Whatever way the ship is pointed will be forward and aft. The ding and ding-ding for the elevators were very quiet and easy to miss. The dome was closed the whole duration, even when it was sunny and warm for two days. We never did end up playing mini-golf but it looked like fun. It was always too windy! The fun shops were decent but the variety of alcohol was small. I was going to get Jagermeister but they didn't have it.
My sciatica kicked in and I had an awful time getting to the muster drill. You do have to go outside but didn't have to bring your life vest. They do check each cabin to make sure everyone attends. The staff asked me if I wanted to sit in the "special needs" room (the library). I was so thankful for that! It rained over night with winds blowing at 30-35 mph and swells of 10-15'. The ship handled the rough seas very well.
We took advantage of room service for coffee and fruit every morning although it was a little chilly to sit outside and enjoy it, but we did nonetheless. The first morning we received the wrong order, no biggie though. One morning just as we were expecting our coffee, muffins and fruit, we heard what sounded like the waiter/waitress drop the tray. We didn't want to embarrass them by looking but they did return in no time. We did enjoy the coffee from RS and at the buffet, (but that's subjective) Each time we got a delivery we tipped $2.
There was LOTS of trivia going on. We tried but weren't too knowledgeable! It was fun anyway.
We decided to try Nick & Nora's. We both had the Maine lobster tail and Filet Mignon. I would not rave about it like a lot of people do as we enjoyed our Maine Lobster and Chateau Briand in the MDR just as much if not more. About 95% of the food and choices we tried was really good, yes, even the buffet.
The hypnotist Asad is not to be missed. What a riot!! We enjoyed the shows Generations and Ticket to Ride. Legends was too late so we didn't see it. We went to the Piano Bar (Sam's) and the music was so loud we didn't stay. There were only 2-3 people in there every time we passed by. The music in the Atrium was just as bad, too loud. Alex probably would have sounded so much better if he had turned down the volume. We felt like he was screaming the words of songs that sound much better in a normal voice.
We got to Port Canaveral two "chilly" days later to some warm sun, not hot but comfortable. We found out Ron Jon's did away with the free shuttle and a taxi is $6 pp each way. We just went there and back to the ship to have it all to ourselves (sort of). Sipping on a Long Island Ice Tea and enjoying the quiet. Of course we had to wait for the "runners" who decide not to look at the time when they are supposed to be back onboard. There were probably four of them and one was in a wheelchair!!
We played the quarter slots and won a few bucks (I lost more). We tried feverishly to figure out how we got our payout. Come to find out, you put your S&S card in a slot, push a few buttons, and the winnings go on your card. It doesn't show up in the folio though. You bring the card to the cage in the casino and get your $$.
Off to Nassau for an 11 am arrival. There were four other ships in port, The World, RC, Carnival Imagination and Carnival Freedom. We stayed on the ship and RELAXED! My sciatica started acting up again so we didn't even go to dinner. My sister brought me up a turkey wrap from the Deli. At 8 pm we set sail for Freeport. I just went to the tents right off the ship where the locals are all selling the same "stuff". We didn't do anything in Freeport either, just took advantage of an almost empty ship. There were two ships in dry dock, one of them the Carnival Conquest. At 3:30 we set sail for our two day journey back to Manhattan. The seas were once again rough but this time my sister was scared! She said overnight the seas were so bad that the closet doors were sliding back and forth. It didn't wake me up.
I tried two treatments of acupuncture for my sciatica but it wasn't successful.
My sister needed one more Chocolate Melting Cake on our last night so I went and got her some. I'm not a chocoholic so it did nothing for me, but I did try it.
The last day was chilly, overcast, foggy and rainy. We woke up making our way up the Hudson River. It was sunny but chilly. We left our cabin at 8 so the steward could start his turnaround. We headed up to breakfast and stayed on-board until they called for the last passengers. I believe they started calling the tag numbers around 8:30 or so. We were off the ship about 10:00. The power was still not on at the terminal but we had a nice warm bus ride back to Providence.
Would I sail Carnival again?? You bet!!! Less

Read more Carnival Miracle cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Miracle Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Miracle Suite Empress 6166

We were surprised by the amount of storage space. Wish we brought more clothes to use it all! The light switches had dimmers which was nice but it took getting used to how they worked. Balcony had one lounger, two chairs and a small table. Good amount of floor space in the cabin. We were spoiled. Our cabin was starboard and the inside cabin doors are on portside so we probably had less traffic.