Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by countrynewsman

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by countrynewsman
Carnival Freedom
Carnival Freedom
Member Name: countrynewsman
Cruise Date: November 2012
Embarkation: other
Cabin Category: 4A
See More About: Carnival Freedom Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Dining 5+

Great Family Cruise!
There were seven of us on the cruise...my wife and I along with our daughter, son-in-law, and three grandchildren. We arrived in Ft. Lauderdale November 2 and stayed at the Marriott Fairfield Inn near the airport. I do not recommend that hotel and will never stay there again.

We arrived at the cruise terminal around 11AM and embarkation was the smoothest I have experienced. We were onboard within twenty minutes and went to the Lido deck for a buffet lunch.

Our rooms were ready around 1PM, earlier than the 1:30 they originally stated. Our bags, however, were quite late in arriving to our rooms...after 6PM.

We had late seating in the Posh dining room and our two waiters, Adrian and Alex, were by far the best I have ever experienced. Besides fantastic service, their sense of humor made for a very fun dining experience. The food was great and I especially liked the filet mignon served one evening.

Our rooms were serviced twice daily in a very timely manner by competent and friendly cabin staff. We had the usual towel animals to greet us.

I cannot comment on the excursions since we chose not to sign up for any. Our kids and grandkids did some activities, but my wife and I chose to wander around town and shop.

The most disappointing port was Nassau. There were five cruise ships docked at the same time and the town was very crowded. We didn't spend much time there.

I spent very little time in the forward pool area because the music being played was an assault to the ears. It was incredibly loud. Don't know what happened to the live music, but they could do without that noisy stuff.

Debarkation wasn't the most pleasant experience. Both of our bags were destroyed. Lesson...buy cheap bags when you travel because no one cares how they handle them.

I give Carnival high marks for this cruise and would recommend it to anyone.

Publication Date: 11/18/12