Wind Spirit Cruise Review by Sdancer: Will not return
Overall Member Rating
Will not return
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Though we liked a lot about our cruise and the ship, the disappointment with some of the aspects outweighed the desire to ever take another cruise with Windstar.
1. Small ship/yacht with only 148 well-traveled and friendly passengers.
2. Early bird breakfast buffet (cold cuts, pastry and coffee/tea) on a desk at 6am on an open deck - feels like a yacht.
3. Staying in some ports later than big ships.
4. Breakfast and lunch buffet on a deck.
5. Boutique with useful items with the outstanding saleswoman.
1. Dinners started late at 7:30pm and took a very long time. Their kitchen is very small and can handle only 3 orders at a time. Each table counted as one order and all dishes in the order were cooked at the same time and then placed under a heating lamp for the duration of the dinner. The tables are for 8 and 4 people. Since each table counts as one order, it means that if you have three tables of 8 ahead of you, we have to wait for More 24 full dinners ahead of you to be fully prepared before they start on your order.
By the time you finish your dinner it is around 10pm and you go to bed on a full stomach. There was also no way to take a walk on this ship. Our stomachs rebelled and we had to skip dinners all together. Their room service for dinners was set up the same way - took long time and you had to wait in your cabin.
2. We used room service once. It took 40 minutes for the order to arrive and the food was not what we have ordered and not good at all. We could not eat it. 3. The cabin was small and dark with pothole windows which were advertised as the ocean view cabins. BWY, the cabins were BELOW the sea level and should never be advertised as the ocean view, pothole windows or not. It is a a false advertisement.
4. Their "Fitness Center" was so small that 2 people was a crowd.
5. We tendered at most of ports, even the ports where bigger ships where docked. Tendering so much was inconvenient.
6. Based on a high cost I expected much more decent experience and I would not return even for a small fraction of a cost.
After this so-so trip we booked with another cruise company on a mid-size ship and had such an outstanding experience that we booked with them again while still on-board. Less
Read more Wind Spirit cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Wind Spirit Review >>
Azamara Quest in the Med: ver...
A retirement girls trip
Great Value for Money
Trip of a Lifetime!
Windstar Wind Spirit to Tahiti...
Fantastic Trip! Service was g...
10 Days in French Polynesia - ...