Carnival Legend Cruise Review by CORAL02

Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

IT WAS A LEGEND
I was one of the unlucky ones that got sick and was throwing up the last day or two,I normally never get sick on cruises, I agree with a few passengers comments they shared, there was something like a Virus on that ship or at least my floor I guess,I have read some of us had it bad... I even had the patch under my ear so I know it was a Flu Bug!!! this is not the ships fault,I had to go to the Nurse and get a shot but it didn't help at all, nor did the medicine, I still was sick as a dog..but the Nurse was very concerned and very nice to me and did her best to help.I don't blame Carnival nor anyone for this..Just a bad experience when one is sick....

I liked my former cruises on the Carnival with the Inspiration and I thought the Carnival Legend was a pretty ship, but not up to par regarding entertainment nor the food, I was not sick till the last day or so, so I ate good... the people that were on this cruise ship are stating both food and entertainment were under par, I agree..food and entertainment not so good on this date here..

I have no complaints against service ,I tipped well and had very good service,I love the little animals they make out of towels, Too much diamond selling going on the ship though, it gets old and BORING..cruise after cruise...once a year..

Too much karoake !!!! on shows, I don't want to pay good money to hear karoake singers in shows..I can sing good too, but I don't particularly get off in liking to hear myself sing, and to me that is what Karaoke is now days it is a lot of people who like to hear themselves sing.. it's actually more fun to hear ones that can't carry a tune they are very funny!!!the rest think it is a competition instead of fun so get over yourself and do it at home in front of your TV like I do...We should have real Vegas type entertainment and this was disappointing .Boy I bet I get flooded with nasty comments oh well truth always hurts!!!!doesen't it???

Especially last night we deserved a nice show..I saw this 1 karoake singer 20 times on this ship every bar and I don't even drink, but I wished I had, I was so tired of seeing him!!I couldn't even find my sister on this ship, but boy I would find him on every corner singing!!!Okay I am over it ... tee hee....

I had no problem with Lido deck food, it was the dining room that was not up to par, the food was just okay but had nice service from the waiters..

So my complaint is food and entertainment was not as good as other ships..

other than this and sadly I was sick, it was a very clean ship, nicely done, no complaints on any appearances of ship, I loved the ship. I was very upset, because one guy that takes care of your luggage when your embarking the ship, paid more attention to tips than doing his job, had he been doing his job, my luggage would have never been put on another cruisers luggage cart, and I never got it that night,it had my name and number on it too!!! I saw him put it on a cart with my number on it, he later denied it,again I was throwing up, I couldn't fight him I was too sick, and another cruiser on the ship took my luggage to his home accidentally yet him and his wife Tammy were nice enough to call me from his home in another city where I was lucky I could drive 45 minutes to retrieve my luggage, or all my clothes would have been lost due to this luggage guy in the parking terminal when you embark..the other cruiser drove with my luggage to meet me, because he hadn't checked his luggage till he got home and saw he had 1 extra luggage bag, this could have been disaster for me!! because everything I owned was in that suitcase, and that porter was staring at the money he was making, he was not responsible to put that luggage on that cart. I will take my own luggage with me in the future after this experience..I could not have replaced what was in that luggage, I did make a formal report against him too.He doesen't earn his job on Carnival.

I would definitely do Carnival again,but I also encourage them to improve the food and entertainment on this ship.

I am having currently a bad experience with Berkeley Travel,so far they are refusing to give me a refund,not on the cruise, I am not asking for one, but other issues that warrant A REFUND...they do not honor their contract,I read that contract, I am entitled to a refund, when you buy Insurance Protection, I guess one is told to go through them by Carnival Cruises, from what I was told,if you don't have a problem and you paid your cruise protection,you go home and you would never have known you had a problem,I always get cruise protection, on all cruises,and you say to yourself it is worth having that protection, but when you do run into a problem,this is a different story, they are not fair thus far, nor truthful, don't waste your money on this company, please go to Rip Off reports and read the numerous complaints against them..

If they make it right by me, I promise I will follow up and say they made it right, but if not, they will regret their actions, the $250.00 won't break me but it will hurt their business as far as the old saying goes, treat others like you want to be treated..

The ports were all nice,but don't waste the $12.00 taking the flying chair to Rotoan.... it don't fly... and I beat them there by walking the little road about 60 feet.......

Publication Date: 11/17/12