Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by nurse1sue

Vision of the Seas
Member Name: nurse1sue
Cruise Date: November 2012
Cabin Category: K
See More About: Vision of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Ship Facts: Vision of the Seas Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Vision of the Seas Deck Plans
Loved Vision of the Seas!
After getting stranded in Atlanta the night before our cruise with no change of clothes, makeup, or brushes for hair, we finally made it to the port Everglades terminal. I use wheelchair assist and got right through with the friendliest staff to help me. We then went to the windjammer since it was only noon and I knew our room wasn't ready. To my surprise we checked about 20 min later and the room was ready! They best part......by 3 we already had our checked luggage so I could finally take a shower and change my clothes! I could have kissed them for getting that so early!

The cruise was 10 days and for me, like usual, never long enough. We had a very nice meet and mingle for our cruise critic group put on by RCL with a nice complimentary gift and several gift drawings, as well as snacks and beverages. Thank you RCL for doing that. That ship also put on several upper tier events which were very nice with food, dancing and drinks.

I liked our cruise director, Keith very much and found him to have a great sense of humor, just a little laid back, which we enjoy since we are there to relax and don't get in to the party Hardy stuff! His assistant Topi was wonderful and his presentation of when he sailed in a catamaran from Panama to Australia was great!

Our room was small but there was my husband, my 20yr old stepson and myself. We were only in there to change or sleep so I really am not that concerned about the cabin.

The entertainment was great. Several comedians, Norm Crosby! , and the Diamonds! The ship singers and dancers were very good though the

modernized some Broadway stuff that I and several others really didn't like.

The staff was their usual friendly, fantastic selves and I appreciated and admired them all!

Our captain was a woman and was incredibly good. I gave her my admiration on the couple of sea days the water was rough, and she announced for people to be careful when walking. Since our ship was predominantly and older crowd, as a nurse and Dr, my husband and I appreciated her kindness and concern for the cruisers.

Now finally my only complaint. The food. It was not up to par with all of our other RCL cruises. It was good but not a big variety in the windjammer where we always eat. The burgers and pizza from the solarium cafe' were really good though!

The vision is older and a little dated with none of the fancy updates, and we loved it. We enjoy smaller ships where you really become acquainted with people and staff. When she is updated next Sept, I wish RCL would keep her here instead of sending her to Panama. We are having a hard time booking on smaller ships, we will not go on the big ones, do not enjoy them at all. With my limited walking issues I cannot walk a Marathon just to get to my meals!

The islands we went to were Tortola, St maarten, Dominica, Antigua and our favorite and someday home, St kitts. All the islands were great in their diversity and friendly people. We booked all of our excursions independently through trip advisor reviews and cruise critic reviews and suggestions. They tend to be cheaper.

I close with a huge THANK YOU to the Vision's staff and crew. You made our cruise feel like a big family vacation that you were all a part of. You are all wonderful!

Already put our deposits down for another cruise, of course staying LOYAL TO ROYAL!

Oh and for all those who complain about their cruise from beginning to end, your cruise is what you make it, and sometimes we expect way to much. Perfection is a myth and does not exist. Be happy you have to opportunity to cruise, accept that you may not always have everything the way YOU would want them, sit back and just enjoy! Life is too short to not appreciate what you have!

Publication Date: 11/16/12
Read the Eastern Caribbean ports review by nurse1sue
More Vision of the Seas Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Vision of the Seas review Read the next Vision of the Seas review

More Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews