Ruby Princess Cruise Review by richud424: Venetian Delight

Venetian Delight

Sail Date: October 2012
Destination: Transatlantic
Embarkation: Venice

This was our 8th cruise, 2nd on princess. We arrived in Venice 2 days before the ship sailed, staying in Mestre. The cost of the hotel was a lot less than staying in Venice. It was only 10 minutes to Venice by train. The hotel Tritone had the best breakfast I have ever had at a hotel. They put out the kitchen sink. We spent 2 days touring Venice, naturally going to the rialto bridge, St. marks square. We also went to the back street behind St. marks square, and bought gifts for the family. Venice was the highlight of this cruise. Of course we did a gondola, right under the bridge of sighs.

The ship was all you can ask for, having being only 4 years old. The decor was very ornate and beautiful. We had great service for the crew and we found the buffet and dining room food to our liking. The menus were different and interesting. Since the age group was so advanced, at about 8 o'clock in the evening the ship was a ghost town. One night We went to the sky walker and there was only More about 3 couples in there dancing.

In livorno, We hired a taxi to take us to Pisa. I had been to Pisa 50 years ago, and the tower did not look that good at that time. It was dirty and had a green appearance. This time it was pure white and was beautiful, I was really impressed. The driver gave us plenty of time for shopping, and took us back to the ship.

Casablanca was a disappointment, a hodgepodge of shanty towns and garbage heaps. It was a good move that we had a ship tour to Rabat, which was a lot nicer than Casablanca. I am glad I saw Casablanca, but again i was not impressed. I would never go back there again.

All in all this cruise was a cruise of a lifetime, 19 days on the ship very interesting ports, 7 days across the Atlantic. One more comment, Instead of going to the azores we went to madiera because of the storms at the azores. madiera turn out to be a better port, we loved it.

In summary, everything on this cruise was to our liking, and I would take this cruise again in a heartbeat. Princess cruises are one of my favorites. Spent quite afew euros,but saw what we wanted to see.Get me on a ship! Less

Read more Ruby Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Ruby Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Ruby Princess Oceanview Obstructed Emerald Deck e222

Obstructed cabin, but could see out the window. Cabin was adequate, but shower was small. Plenty of storage space.

We tendered in and took a local city tour,you can smell the money. Very beautiful city and ocean views.Many classic hotels for the rich and famous,especially at Cannes film festival.
Read 176 Cannes Reviews

Got off ship and stayed 1 night at sun toers hotel. Very nice place,large room with ocean view.In the rear, a restaurant and patio no more than 20 yards from the surf.They served br. lch. and dinner ,.excellent food .

Most of the passengers went to Pompeii or the amalfi coast.We took the jet boat to capri,where I had been 50 years earlier,and wanted to show my spouse.We hired a driver and he took us around the island,even giving us time to shop.The kicker was having an italian pizza on a terrace overlooking the ocean.fantastic memories.
Read 647 Naples Reviews

We took the train to Rome,about an hour and 20 minutes.Found the hop on hop off bus and started our tour. Saw many famous places and got off at the colosseum,old and interesting.you really need more time for Rome,we got back to the ship as they were closing the doors,almost a boo boo.