Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by Love the Fantasy

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by Love the Fantasy
Disney Fantasy
Disney Fantasy
Member Name: Love the Fantasy
Cruise Date: October 2012
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Category: 5 A
See More About: Disney Fantasy Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Disney Cruise Deals
Entertainment 5+
        7-9 1.0

Fantastic Vacation
This was the first cruise for me, my wife and my 8 year old son. We originally wanted to go for vacation to Walt Disney World and stay at The Animal Kindom Lodge but the week we had scheduled for our vacation they were completely booked. Just out of curiosity I checked the Disney cruise website looking for cruise prices. We also spent a long time reading all the reviews and most people absolutely loved the DCL.

We learn the some people regret not booking a cruise longer than 3 or 4 days, with that in mind we booked a 7 night cruise on the Disney Fantasy on October 20th. We are from the northeast so we flew in to Orlando on the 19Th and we rented a car. We spent our evening in Downtown Disney shopping and we ate at the RainForest Cafe.

The morning of October 20Th we arrived at Port Canaveral around 12:00 noon. and there it was The Fantasy ... WOW !!! Spectacular very impressive ship, we took some pictures and got in line to board the ship - that took about 25 minutes -and before going in to the Fantasy we took our picture with Mickey. They announced our name as we were boarding the ship - from there on the wows never stopped. They sure know how to make you feel like you are the guest of honor from beginning to end.

By reading some reviews we took some people's advice to bring our swimsuit so my 8 year old son was swimming by 1:30. We ate at Cabanas after that around 3:00 PM We really enjoyed the sail away party. We toured the ship and visited the Oceaneer Club, we really like it they have lots of things to keep the kids busy. The first day my son called us to pick him up 15 minutes after we dropped him off. By reading other people's reviews that is the case for most kids so I told my son: I will go back and get you in 20 minutes just try to get busy until I get there - so 20 minutes went by and I show up to pick him up ... he said... "I change my mind Dad, can I stay here a little longer ?" He absolutely loved the oceaneer club. After the first day he practically wanted to be there all day - he made a lot of friends and they used the phones to text each other all day.

We took the late dinner and Disney matched us up with a very nice family from SC they have 3 wonderful kids 2 girls and a boy - we really enjoyed sharing the table with them .

The restaurants are all very nice and the staff follows you around. They really learn to know you and what you like.

The Aquaduck is great we went on it about 27 times the best time to ride is after 4:00 pm the lines are very short about 6 minutes wait if not less.

We went to Remy once - wow ! It is worth the extra money - the view of the sunset is fantastic the food excellent and the service second to none and not to mention the desserts. We took some back to our stateroom for a late evening snack. If you have a chance don't miss Remy !

The food in Cabanas is very good and lots of different dishes to pick from and they try different things every day. Trust you will find lots to love and lots for every person. They have excellent desserts and fantastic coffee.

The plays are wonderful - we went to see them all and our favorite was Aladdin but trust me they are all very good.

Our stateroom was always ready in the morning after breakfast and they also clean the room every night. We got fresh towels at night and in the morning.

Thanks to Merlin Rivera our stateroom host he spoil us every day, our room was on deck 10 the view from our balcony was great.

Don't miss the pirate night party we really enjoyed that and the fireworks !

Because of Sandy we missed our stop at Castaway Cay.

We took advantage of the on board booking offer for our next 7 night cruise. So we are really looking forward to visit Castaway Cay next year.

Our last night we were trailing Sandy so was a little rocky we have dinner that night at Animator Palate we have lots of fun not only because you get to see your own drawings interact with the Disney characters but also because of the rocking of the ship. The staff did a fantastic job making us feel safe.

Probably most people felt the same way we did about their servers.

Personally we feel like we got the best 2 Benny and Horie they are a great team. I hope we are lucky and get them again next year.

Our son has some food allergies and the head server Burak personally check every night what my son eat and a couple nights they made special dishes just for him including desserts.

I can go on and on for hours ...

All I can say is... if you have a chance to take a 7 night cruise on the Fantasy ...

Go for it !!!