Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by donh1: Ecstasy is what we expected

donh1
Member Since 2004

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Ecstasy Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Ecstasy is what we expected

Sail Date: November 2012
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Overall we were pleased with our cruise. Stayed at the LaQuinta the night before and got the parking and shuttle thrown in with the deal. Hotel was fine but our return shuttle to the hotel was very late. We were literally the last persons waiting for transportation. There was three ships in and I assume they were simply overwhelmed.
Embarkation was great. Best ever. Nice new terminal and the whole process took about 15 minutes.
We has an oceanview room on the Riviera Deck. It is the lowest deck with staterooms which was a plus because the elevators were always accessible. No problems with elevators as was mentioned in other reviews. Stateroom was great. Larger than expected washroom. Very quiet. Great room steward. Comfortable bed.

As mentioned many times food is very subjective. I felt the dining room food was just OK at best. Word to the wise is to stay away from the pasta. DW ordered it the first night and it was dried out . Two nights later same More thing happened to our table mates. You would think that someone would notice that people are not eating it. Another thing to avoid is their deep fried fish and chips in the dining room. It requires very prompt delivery from the fryer to the table and this stuff sat around for awhile. The burgers were great. Tasted like homemade patties and you could tell they were cooking them properly. Pizza and deli sandwiches were great. Good selection of salads and buffet food. Wait staff good.

The entertainment on the ship was very good. Brits and Motown shows were very entertaining.

Overall all crew members I had dealings with were very polite and attentive. Wish I could say the same about my fellow passengers. Some were simply rude to the staff. I could give you a dozen examples but I don't see the need. It was actually embarrassing. Please and thank-you with a little eye contact is all that was needed.

Would I do this cruise again. Definitely Yes. Great value for the money. Less