Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by krocket1

Cruise Date: October 2012
Embarkation: other
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: AQ
See More About: Celebrity Equinox Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Entertainment Not Rated

Celebrity Equinox, 2nd time around-
We selected the Equinox for the second time because overall, we really enjoyed the 1st cruise, with 1 exception, which will be discussed in the review later.

Let me first say We believe the Equinox is really fine, and the quality is there, everything about the ship is fine. It's the people that are causing problems with cruises, in fact all cruise lines. I'll explain.

We experienced sickness after cruise 1.

We experienced EXTREME sickness during and after cruise 2.

I will attempt to explain why We experienced sickness during both cruises. To get to the point directly, it's the people onboard ship. Not the crew, but the passengers. I have never been so shocked to see the hygene (or to the point, LACK OF) in my life. Everywhere I went I witnessed passengers licking their fingers and then using food tongs, picking up plates then retuning them after handling them, nasty manners at the drink dispensors, and awful behavior with coffee utensils. I witnessed the same cross-contamination at the breakfast brunch buffet, it was disgusting! Here lies the problem with on-board sickness- the crew tirelessly tries to clean everything because they witness the same problems, but it's a never-ending struggle to keep things sterile. I actually had a woman cough over my shoulder as I was holding a plate of food in line! I witnessed other disturbing things going on, including elevators, bathrooms, etc., but I choose not to elaborate.To sum this up, the passengers make it almost impossible to remove the risk of digestive and respiratory sickness.

Aqua class- Aqua class is first rate, the room staff are outstanding, and we still consider Aqua a good value, with 1 exception.

On our next to last night dinner at Blu, the wife accidentally spilled her glass of wine(it was extremely rough seas that night, and it was her 1st).It was embarrasing to the wife and she apologized to the foursome seated nearby, but the manager and waiter made a big deal out of consoling the 4-some, offering discounts, etc. Meanwhile the wife and I were ignored for the rest of our dinner, and the wife was not offered

another glass of wine to replace the one she had dropped, a sad situation, indeed, considering it was also formal night. Anyway, this pretty much ruined the rest of the cruise for the wife, and We did NOT return to Blu.

Excursions- We enjoyed all the excursions, except for the fact that either the guide did not speak loudly enough for the whole bus to hear, or the radio receivers did not work at all, making the excursions a poor value. Choose your excursions wisely!

Publication Date: 11/16/12