Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Professor69: The Carnival Dream or The Carnival Bad Dream

Professor69

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Eastern Caribbean Cruises

The Carnival Dream or The Carnival Bad Dream

Sail Date: November 2012
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

My wife and I chose the Carnival Dream as a way to celebrate our 29th wedding anniversary because we had sailed on the Carnival Dream before and had a wonderful experience. We were lucky to be able to upgrade to an ocean suite which gave us more room. Our next door neighbor was loud and I had to bang on the wall a few times to get them to calm down. The room stewards were excellent.

Our problem came with the food service folks. On the Lido deck, the bus boys and girls were extremely slow and had a "care less" attitude. On several occassions we waited for more than 30 minutes to get our table cleaned even after asking that it be done. We stopped going to the Lido deck for meals and started going to the Dining Room for lunch, and we used room service for breakfast one morning. Our waiter in the dining room dropped red wine on one of my new shirts that I bought especially for the cruise. I immediately tried to wash it out, then used Shout on it when we returned to the More suite, and used spot treatment when we got home, but the shirt is ruined.

On our anniversary evening, we had reservations to the Steakhouse. The service was very good, but the food was just so so. The Chef came out to speak to us, and we think the reason was that he knew the food was only ok. The food was not the usual quality that we have had in the past. I was very disappointed in the food service and the quality of the food. My wife and I are Platinum guests and we are usually treated much better when we sail on Carnival. Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>