Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by ncann

Dining 5+
Entertainment Not Rated
Value-for-Money 5+

Friends Reunion Cruise
We did cruise and travel package with a local tour company.They provided overnight transportation to Jacksonville. After stopping in Georgia for breakfast, we preceded on Jacksonville.

Weather: a bit chilly!! We thought once we got closer to the Bahamas,the weather would improve--wrong!! This was the coldest cruise I have experienced in a tropical climate--thanks in part to Hurricane Sandy. Very windy and chilly became the norm for the majority of the cruise.

Lines were long, but moving in the cruise terminal. One of their camera's was down, which slowed the process. We were on board the ship by 1pm. We went by our cabins (which were ready) to drop off our carry luggage. Other luggage did not arrive to later on that afternoon.

Lunch was good. Your usual ship selections--hotdogs (I did not like the hotdogs and I am a big hotdog fan), hamburgers, chicken, stir fried selections, salads, deserts, ect.

Following the muster drill, we set sail for Half Moon Cay--so we thought until later on it was announced that stop was cancelled and we would be going to Freeport instead. Freeport is okay, but I as well as a lot of others were looking forward to Half Moon Cay. When there is hurricane devastation, changes occur. Arrival in Freeport was chilly and windy-go off ship and was back on in less than 30 minutes. Everyone had on sweaters, jackets, and whatever they could put on to keep warm. Even back on the ship, everyone was up on the Lido deck was trying to find the warmest, windfree location to relax at. Inside was cold-did not need the air conditioning running full blast today.

Nassau: It was a little warmer when we arrived here. Did some shopping-we found some good bargains. We returned to the ship for lunch. We did notice a lot of excursions were cancelled due to the weather.

Food: food was very good. We alternated eating breakfast and lunches up on deck or in the main dining room. We had late seating for dining. We throughly enjoyed each meal. Food was served hot. We had an excellent evening wait staff, who addressed us by name. Every desert I ordered in the main dining room was very good--but some of the deserts served up on the Lido missed the mark. We did make it to the last midnight buffet on deck , but we did not stay long due to the chill and wind. I did try the pizza and it was very good. The deli station stayed busy, but I did not try a sandwich from there. We were also entertained by our evening wait staff. All of the wait staff did very good job.

We missed most of the entertainment. I did lose my $20.00 allotment in the casino. Did not use the spa. We just wanted to relax and have a good time.

Over all, this was a good cruise despite the weather and the noise outside my cabin wall--it sounded as if something was lose and hitting up against the ship. We did complain to guest services--but that's another review in itself. It did get a rocky at night and one night it was almost impossible to walk without holding on to something. It was comical seeing everyone staggering around without being drunk.

Disembark went smoothly and we were back on the road heading home by 10am.

Publication Date: 11/15/12