Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by uncleg: Hanging Out on the Fantasy

Hanging Out on the Fantasy

Sail Date: October 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Charleston

This was my eighth cruise, all on Carnival, second cruise on the Fantasy and as a solo cruiser. I had a Great time. Here is the break down.

Port: I did drop off. It took me about 15 to 20 minutes to get on board once dropped off, they do a great job for such a small port. Debarkation, I did self assist. It took maybe 10-15 minutes to get off ship once my debarkation time began. The Charleston port does a great job and I can't wait for new port to be built.

Ship: Clean, maybe needing a little refurbishing. Overall it was fine

Crew/Staff: Everyone I met was friendly and very helpful. The wait staff were awesome as were the cleaning staff....my cabin steward was a ninja, only caught up with him once. I did not have any interaction CD so I really cannot comment.

Food: I thought it was great. I could not have asked for better. MDR early seating.
Entertainment: The band Music Major was great. I enjoyed them every time they played. There More was lots of trivia and I enjoyed it when I played a few times. The shows were the same from my last cruise so I did not attend. Comedians were very good. The dance club was great, although on Halloween night..I have no idea what the DJ was thinking, one of the worst playlist ever, so I went and enjoyed Music Major.

Ports: Grand Turk..very nice. The beaches were beautiful. I took an Island tour sponsored by the Grand Turk preservation society. It was a very good and informative tour. We missed our HMC stop because of storm damage...maybe next time. Nassau, well it is what it is...I had a great beach day.

Cruise Critic Friends: Meant some awesome people from our roll call, they helped make my vacation a memorable one. I hope to cruise with them again.

Mishaps: Only one. At some point my suit bag got wet before it made it to my cabin. All of my dress shirts had to be laundered to remove the water stains on the sleeves. They all came clean with exception of shirts that had something that looked like blue paint on them. They were a loss. Fortunately I always over pack and I did not let it ruin my trip.

Rude passengers: Only ran across one, older lady on a scooter, who was determined to get were she was going regardless of who she ran over.
Well that's my cruise, looking to book another. Less

Read more Carnival Fantasy cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Fantasy Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Fantasy Upper/Lower Empress E183

Category 1A, cabin E183. Excellent for Solo cruiser, close to all the action and very quiet.