Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by remajm

Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+

Awesome ship
I am just going to give you a quick rundown of my review of the cruise. The embarkation was very quick and we got in our room about 1:15. We had an owners suite and next time will do the same. The room was beautiful and very large for 2 people. The deck was also very large with a table and 2 lounge chairs. We spent a lot of time on the deck. With the suite you have the option of ordering room service from the main menu and we ate the majority of our meals in our room and on the deck. That was one of my favorite things being I don't like to get dressed up and spend 1 1/2 hours in the dining room. Also Lindsey who cleaned our room was wonderful. You also have a private deck at the pool, unfortunately they don't have a pool or even a shower to cool you down if it's very hot out but it is still very nice and relaxing up there. When we stopped at Haiti they have a private beach for suite guests that was very nice. If you want to feel very pampered I highly suggest getting a suite. There is a concierge lounge with full breakfast, full lunch and free cocktails and horderves from 5-8. Also Fernando and his partner are very helpful to answer any questions for you and reserve anything you need.

You do have to pay for soft-drinks. I think it was like $45 for the week. I couldn't see paying for coke so I drank water or lemonade when needed. Also they do offer you laundry service in the middle of the week for $25 for a small bag you can fill. All I can say is unacceptable. My 4 year old could do the laundry better. I personally don't think it was even washed, they did reimburse me for it.

There is so much to do on the boat if you like to stay busy. My husband and I were on there to relax so we didn't do much except lay out at the pool, gamble, and go to some shows. The dealers in the casino are excellent, better than most in Vegas. Very impressed with them and also very polite and friendly. Belinda (a dealer) was great.

Never felt crowded on the ship. The only time was getting on the ship and when we were in line at customs.

Ken, the cruise director was great. You can tell he loves his job and loves to be around people and make them laugh.

The port at Jamaica was very nice and the people there loved having us. Had a great DJ playing music in the square and the dancers danced as we left the port. Lots of fun memories there.

The port in Cozumel not so nice, but lots of shopping right there when you get off the boat.

You dock starboard side every port, just an fyi if you like to see the actual ports. I was very happy we were on that side.

If you are a news junky the only live tv is fox news and I think CNN. They don't have CBS, ABC, or NBC live. We just were on the Disney cruise over the summer and I loved waking up in the morning with my Good Morning America on.

We kept our suitcases with us on the last night, they are suppose to be outside your door by 11pm but we chose to carry them off ourselves just so we could pack at our own leisure. We stayed in our room until around 9am and then got in the long line to get off the boat. Something they don't tell you, make sure you have your seapass with you when you leave the ship the last time, they scan them as you leave, I don't remember them saying that.

I hope that helps anyone who has questions about the ship. It is a massive ship with lots to do and I thought a lot of space in the pool areas, I had read reviews that is was very crowded in those areas and I never saw that at all. Now in the summer time when the ship is at it's max that could be possible. Neat pool area for the kids.

One more thing I forgot, they don't seem to have stores that carry just nice clothing for men or women. It is kind of hit or miss with clothing in different stores. Also they should have a bathing suit store on board and they carry very little of them.

Oops, one more thing I forgot about is the spa review. I personally have been to nice spas and this doesn't compare. My husband and I had a couples massage and this was his first ever. The bathroom facilities are basically a bathroom with a small open changing area and a couple of showers. I didn't see any complimentary bathroom essentials anywhere, very unusual. The robe they give you to put on after you undress is about as thin as gauze. If you are a private person I suggest asking for two of them to cover your body. Completely see-through and then you go sit in a waiting room with whoever else is waiting in this well lit room in a see-through gown on for everyone to look at. We then had to parade through the spa back upstairs to our room where the massage took place that felt like a surgery room. Very bright and that is not what I have experienced in nice spas. They also are very pushy about purchasing their products after the massage.

Publication Date: 11/14/12