Carnival Elation 3

“November 3, 2012 5 Nt. Cruise from New Orleans”
Cruise review of Carnival Elation

MPSimecek
Member Since 2009
75 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

This was our first trip without our children, so it was a nice trip. However, I want to review the cruise itself, not how my husband and I spent our time.

The ship itself was "okay". Nothing fancy, nothing spectacular, but for the price, it was just fine. We had an oceanview room, no balcony.

We cruised Carnival once before, ten years ago, and our memory was vivid. We were on a similar level ship, but the experience overall, has gone downhill since then. Back then, service was top notch, in fact we noted how amazing it was over and over. This trip, not so much. Wait staff for us was rude, both in the dining room and in the buffet line. Guest service personnel were always friendly and many others were. But, those we had the most contact with were not so friendly.

The hallway outside our room smelled of mildew, the room itself was pretty run down. The overall "feel" of the crowd on the ship was that of a "party crowd"...loud, drinking, smoking, crass in More general.

I cannot complain because we got a great deal, and we made the most of it. However, I will definitely be looking at other cruise lines before I ever re-book on Carnival based on this past cruise. Had it been like it was 10 years ago, I would have been thrilled. But, service has definitely gone downhill.

Maybe we just had bad luck? Hard to say!! Less

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Ocean View

6EE238
E238 All the way at the back of the ship. VERY loud, if we had been about 10 cabins further front, the noise was not so noticeable, but right where we were, the motors were VERY LOUD. Not the best in terms of quiet room. However, quiet in terms of foot traffic, nobody was walking by our room back there, so that may be a bonus.

Scuba - Certified
Overall, beautiful diving. Guide was pretty good, not the best I've had.

Ick.....why is this even a port?
Read 362 Progreso Reviews

Published 11/14/12

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Elation Review

Carnival Elation Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?