Carnival Elation Cruise Review by MPSimecek

Embarkation: New Orleans
Cabin Category: 6E
Cabin Number: E238

November 3, 2012 5 Nt. Cruise from New Orleans
This was our first trip without our children, so it was a nice trip. However, I want to review the cruise itself, not how my husband and I spent our time.

The ship itself was "okay". Nothing fancy, nothing spectacular, but for the price, it was just fine. We had an oceanview room, no balcony.

We cruised Carnival once before, ten years ago, and our memory was vivid. We were on a similar level ship, but the experience overall, has gone downhill since then. Back then, service was top notch, in fact we noted how amazing it was over and over. This trip, not so much. Wait staff for us was rude, both in the dining room and in the buffet line. Guest service personnel were always friendly and many others were. But, those we had the most contact with were not so friendly.

The hallway outside our room smelled of mildew, the room itself was pretty run down. The overall "feel" of the crowd on the ship was that of a "party crowd"...loud, drinking, smoking, crass in general.

I cannot complain because we got a great deal, and we made the most of it. However, I will definitely be looking at other cruise lines before I ever re-book on Carnival based on this past cruise. Had it been like it was 10 years ago, I would have been thrilled. But, service has definitely gone downhill.

Maybe we just had bad luck? Hard to say!!

Publication Date: 11/14/12