Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by thethirdhalf

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by thethirdhalf
Carnival Ecstasy
Carnival Ecstasy
Member Name: thethirdhalf
Cruise Date: November 2012
Embarkation: other
Cabin Category: PT
Cabin Number: M18
See More About: Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Shore Excursions 5+
Rates 5+

The Time Of My Life on Ecstasy
Background Information: First cruiser, 28 and single. Me and my mom went on this trip as a little early Christmas present to ourselves.

Travel To Port of Embarkation: Drove from Jacksonville to Park n' Cruise. They were extremely fast and took us right where we needed to be.

Stateroom: The room was an interior porthole and was always clean. The portholes were very clean and we were able to see for miles through them. The bathroom was tinier than I would have expected, but it was still navigable.

Ship Info: You could tell the ship was older, but it was in immaculate condition. It was always clean and it was very easy to navigate. Everything was within an extremely easy walking distance. The map by the elevators were extremely helpful if you did happen to lose your bearings.

Activities: I really didn't do too many activities, but people watched from the Lido deck. I did go and see the thriller dance class, which looked alot of fun.

Entertainment: Went to the Piano Bar three times and thoroughly enjoyed the singer. The Karaoke was hit or miss in terms of people, but the song selection was good. I did catch The Brits and to be honest, it was just there. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. The dance club for me though was the highlight of my trip. It could be just because it was something I would never do on shore, but even though I'm no where near a dancer, the people were really welcoming.

Dining: I'm not going to lie, the food was extremely hit or miss. The omelets for breakfast were good, but only the potatoes from the breakfast buffet were edible. Depending on the day depended on if lunch was edible. I thought dinner in the main dining room was very good. The spring rolls were good, and the Prime Rib was the best prime rib I've ever had. The Pizza and Sandwich stations were fairly good and had I known any better, would have just eaten there for lunch. I did not have any issue with the buffet lines at all.

Service: Never had problem with service at all. Our room steward was extremely friendly and knew us by name before we got in the room. He kept the room in perfect shape. Guest services was extremely friendly and prompt to answer questions even at 2 in the morning.

Port & Shore Excursions: We did the brewery tour in Freeport, Brice made this trip worth it alone. The beer was just a plus. I did not get off the ship in Nassau. We hit up the Key West Shipwreck Museum and Aquarium. Both were an absolute blast and extremely educational. Mom was able to pick up some sandals from Kino's and Mallory Square was not entirely pushy. The only thing I would have changed was in Key West. We should have docked earlier in Key West so everyone could clear immigration prior to noon. Furthermore, because of being docked at the military base, it felt completely disjointed trying to clear so many passengers out by bus. This should be an easy fix should the cruise line and the city decide to do something about it.

Disembarkation: Once they started calling zone numbers, it was quick. However, it still took quite a bit of time.

Summary: I can't stress enough that I had the absolute time of my life on this trip. Sure there were a couple of minor hiccups, but they didn't stop me whatsoever from having an excellent time. I cannot wait to take my next cruise and hope it's sooner rather than later.

Publication Date: 11/13/12