Carnival Dream Cruise Review by aries363: A Dream It Is

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Eastern Caribbean Cruises

A Dream It Is

Sail Date: November 2012
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Before taking the cruise, I did some research & read the reviews. I came across alot of "negitive" reviews but decided not to take them to heart & wait to form my own opinion. I'm glad I did, because I had a GREAT time! My DH & 2 friends that I also sailed with had a GREAT time too!! I think some people just need to have something to complain about & if you want to have a good time, then you make it a good time!

We flew in a day early & spent the rest of Friday in Orlando. On Saturday we boarded our transportation provided by "Mears" which was well organized.

Embarkation was a breeze! We arrived approx 10:45am with a nice line forming already, but it moved so smoothly, that we were on the ship having some lunch within 45-50min. We went to our stateroom at 1:30, but I believe it was ready before then!

We had a balcony stateroom, which was so AWSOME! Our Steward was great! I saw him the 2nd day & he addressed me by name, which amazed me. He did a WONDERFUL job More of keeping our room up, keeping fresh ice & loved the towel animals! We wrote him a "thank you" & added something extra for a job well done!

We ate in the Scarlet 1 night, the Steakhouse 1 night & the rest of the time at the Gathering because it was more relaxed. The food was ALWAYS good and what needed to be hot was "hot" & what needed to be cold was "cold" The Steakhouse is truly worth the $35 & the staff makes sure you are enjoying yourself! We enjoyed roomservice several times as you just could not pass it up! We didn't have a problem with long lines because we avoided the "busy times" & with 4,000+ people on board, you can't expect to get everything right when you want it.

Nassau, St Thomas & St Maarten were good 1st time experiences. Did some shopping & tour of the Island. We left the excursions for the next cruise.

The shows & comedians were saw were good. The "seaside" movies were good and we always found something to do, so there is no reason to be "bored" on the ship.

We had a 2 days/nights of "rough" waters which when walking around made you feel like you had been drinking for several days!! But was funny watching each other get around.

Dembarkation was a breeze! We did the luggage express that got our bags to the airport, so all we had was our carryons & we could leave at our leisure, so we enjoyed some breakfast and was off the ship within 15min, loading up on our "Mears" bus and on our way to the airport to begin our travels back home!

Overall, the Dream was truly a "dream" for our 1st cruise! We are ready to cruise again & would cruise the Dream again in a heartbeat!! THANK YOU CARVIVAL DREAM FOR A WONDERFUL 1ST CRUISE!!!! Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>