Zaandam Cruise Review by socal mommy: Wonderful experience for all!

socal mommy
Member Since 2010

Family & Children 5.3

Compare Prices on Zaandam Hawaii Cruises

Wonderful experience for all!

Sail Date: November 2010
Destination: Hawaii
Embarkation: San Diego

My husband and I took our two children on the 14 day voyage to Hawaii. After reading all the negative comments about the Zaandam I was greatly relieved by the wonderful experience we had.

The ship is well used but is charming. I did not find it disgusting I found it well used. The staff was amazing and constantly cleaning or repairing things. My only critique would be at that time the allowance of smoking in the staterooms. I believe that policy is now changed. It was an adjustment to get over the smell of smoke but after 14 days we were fine!

This was by far the best dining experience we have had on any of our cruises. The food was very good. The Pinnacle Grill was fantastic and a great treat for me and the Hubby without the kids.

The older group of passengers was relaxing and very friendly. This is not one of the "fun ships". This cruise is really about relaxing. We did not have to deal with one drunk belligerent person on this cruise and that was very More nice.

We are are younger and we love Holland America. We are looking forward to our next cruise with them soon.

I would recommend this for anyone wanting to cross the Pacific, see the beautiful Hawaiian Islands, and just have some real peace and quite. It was great. Less

Read more Zaandam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Zaandam Review >>

Cabin review: Zaandam Large Oceanview Stateroom Dolphin

Been here many times, there is great shopping here. On cruises in the past we have done some cool trips. We stopped here only long enought to buy tequila. If you are in town the shopping is good.
Read 245 Ensenada Reviews

(5)
We rented a car and set of to see the Volcanoe. The big Island is just gorgeous and we really enjoyed seeing the wonders of creation.
Read 269 Hilo Reviews

We live in Southern California so to us Honolulu is Los Angeles on an Island. It is very big, very busy. We rented a taxi and went to Pearl Harbor. We were there very early so we got to go out to the Arizona. The experience was moving and profound. Waikiki is extremely beautiful. We enjoyed the aquarium and the beach. We also shopped at the Aloha Tower. Shopping was very reasonable there. All in all Oahu is stunning but probably not a place I will need to return to.
Read 264 Honolulu Reviews

Kauai is absolutely gorgeous. By far this was our favorite Island. So beautiful and quiet. We loved the chickens, enjoyed our tour, loved the beach.
Read 236 Kauai Reviews

Atlantis Submarine

(5)
We took a submarine tour here and we all thought is was very cool. Maui is very warm and the shopping is fantastic. This is the island to shop on.