“Eclispe transatlantic ....Wonderful”

chefhm
Member Since 2011
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We had a great start to our cruise. Getting checked in was smooth and we were in our cabins pretty swiftly. Our cabin was fine. Our veranda was just over the life boats but had a clear view to the water. Our cabin was quiet, we seldom heard any outdoor noises. Two areas were distinctly better than the Solstice. Food and entertainment. There was an American head chef. That one factor may contribute in some increase in my positive review of the food. Most meals were wonderful. Quality ingredients and prompt service were both consistent throughout the cruise. We had a grand marnier souffle that was perfect. One of the best desserts I have ever eaten. The entertainment was exceptional! I heard vocals that were on the caliber of Broadway. Everything in the Solstice Theatre was exemplary. The performing groups that traveled over the ship were not at that caliber but most were pleasant. I am always amazed when I hear rap played in a store or other venue and I look around and there is not one under 40 in the room. Young and hip is good but make sure you are entertaining the clients not the employees. An exception to that observation was the acappella men group. They were such professionals ans always on their A game. The other groups just were not consistent. On the Eclipse I missed the the dancing in the Grand Foyer before dinner each evening. One area that the Solstice got better was the service. In both cruises the services in the dining room were exceptional. The services throughout the cruise were not consistent. The steward in the stateroom on the Solstice and in the other restaurants were wonderful. On the Eclipse, in most cases not bad...but not great either. The Eclipse was very organized except for the departure. The ship was clean and in most cases, the staff was hard working and considerate. We had a great cruise! We are planning on doing another one next fall!
Celebrity Eclipse Cruises to Transatlantic
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Deluxe Veranda 2B

2B7236
Eclipse stateroom 7236 Very comfortable. Typical room. Good position on ship. Our veranda looked over the lifeboats but they did not interfere with our view. We had no noise issues. The floor stayed damp in front of the veranda doors but did not smell.

We took the four wheel drive excursion to the center of the island. It was wonderful. The guide was personable and well informed. We saw things we would never see in a regular excursion. The views were beautiful.It was also timed well. We had time to shop a little and be back on the ship without rushing.
Published 11/13/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Eclipse Review
Celebrity Eclipse Cruises to Transatlantic
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?