Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by cruse2loose: Enjoyed 1st time on Triumh 10-22, went back again on 11-5-12

cruse2loose
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Carnival Triumph Mexican Riviera Cruises

Enjoyed 1st time on Triumh 10-22, went back again on 11-5-12

Sail Date: November 2012
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Galveston

Got back end of October and then my sister and I went on the Triumph 11-5-12. Her 1st time on this ship.
We got onboard about 11:30 and went to Lido deck. It is set up well, but the music is so loud, hard to have a conversation. You can go up one deck and it not as loud. Saw 2 James Bond movies and Alicia Keys concert on the big screen TV.
My sister suffers from cluster migraines and spent quite a bit of time in the room. We were in 1315 Riveara Deck. This was a last minute cruise. We had some type of maintenaince closets on both sides of our room. It could get noisy, like a banging noise. Once I looked out in the hall and the woman on the other side was sticking her head out sayin what is that noise?? I take ear plugs and it did not bother me at night with my sleep.
We went to the adult comedian show with Kim Williams. We had seen her on the Ectasy. She is sooo funny, but it is adult content.
I had a rueben sandwich from the deli and it was good. Also tried More alligator fritters in the dining good and they were very good, but spicy. We had late dining but were able to change to 6:00. Enjoyed the waiters dancing and singing.
Enjoyed just laying on lounger enjoying the breeze and the movies.
I liked the passion fruit juice in the mornings. It is quite sweet so I would add about 1/4 of the glass with orange juice and it was delish.
The room had flat screen TV but the old pink tile floor in the bathroom. Less

Read more Carnival Triumph cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Triumph Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Triumph Interior Riviera 1315

Room 1315, plenty of room and had a flat screen TV. However, it did have the old pink tile, not the blue rubberized flooring I had week before last in room 8308.

Several excursions were cancelled due to winds and choppy waters. We walked two blocks to the left of the port to El Cid. For $16 we were able to use all their faciities, pool, hot tubs, showers, loungers, bar & restaurant and got a $10 credit back for food/drink. However you have to bring your own towel!! We just air dried. The hot tub was fabulous. We were not able to go in the water as it was red flag. We had brought snorkles and masks and my underwater camera as we wanted to take pictures, but were not able to. Enjoyed the day alot, did a little shopping and back on the ship.
Read 3119 Cozumel Reviews

Took the free shuttle bus to town and did some shopping. Then back to the ship. You have to be able to handle the people hassling you to buy something. We were only ship in port.
Read 284 Progreso Reviews