Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by crusingdave

Member Name: crusingdave
Cruise Date: November 2012
Cabin Category: BA

Norwegian Epic a big disappointment
We did an excellent 2 week cruise on the Royal Caribbean Vision of the Seas through the Panama Canal from San Diego to Ft. Lauderdale. We stayed overnight at the Super 8 in Dania Florida and took a shuttle to Miami to board the Epic. From there it all went downhill.

Boarding was organized and easy. We went to the Manhattan Supper Club for dinner the first two nights. The first night it took 2 hours to complete dinner, the second night only having a 3 course meal took 2 1/2 hours to eat.

I do not like to use shower gel and there were no bars of soap in the room. I called the number for our Stateroom Attendant got disconnected by a robot, then called guest relations got no answer. Called guest relations again asked for a bar of soap, the lady said she would check inventory and the stateroom attendants were busy. I said I was undressed ready to take a shower and I don't appreciate waiting - so someone came with 1 bar of soap in about 10 minutes. I asked the stateroom attendant for another bar of soap - he said he had to ask his supervisor. One more bar of soap came for the week.

Entertainment was Vegas style and well done. The staterooms are poorly designed with the toilet on one side, shower on the other, and sink on the counter in front of the bed. Also there is a problem with the slot machines in traffic areas in a main hallway.

For disembarkation we were given a flier that was misleading, I showed it to a woman from excursions who chased me out of the theater did not want to look at it and insulted me and had an attitude problem and said take it up with guest relations and walked away. I reported what happened to guest relations.

There is a serious problem on this ship with customer service - the worse far in a way with having taken over 50 cruises.

Publication Date: 11/13/12