Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by breakerfan4: IF YOU'RE A SMOKER YOU WILL LOVE THIS CRUISE

breakerfan4
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Eastern Caribbean Cruises

IF YOU'RE A SMOKER YOU WILL LOVE THIS CRUISE

Sail Date: November 2012

THUMBS DOWN: SMOKE EVERYWHERE we spent the extra money to get a balcony and we couldn't even enjoy it because our next door neighbor who never left his room was a chain smoker! In order to get down to any of the important floors you had to pass the "thick with smoke" infested casino! It was horrible! On the last day you have to wait in that smokey atmosphere until your color tag is called. The little dehumidifies did squat! The Atrium which is below the casino reeked of smoke as well.
THUMBS DOWN: organization-when you first get on the ship they allow you to roam as they do on other cruise lines...however, the activity at the buffet was horrendous! People were everywhere there wasn't any direction. We were on the ship when they switched to daylight savings time. We heard through other passengers that they left two people behind because of this. There was horrible communication!
THUMBS DOWN: cleanliness-if you ordered room service your tray and leftovers would sit in the More hallways all day! At night they hose down the pool deck so if you have to walk across the deck in nice clothes the cuff of your pants get soaked! Funky smell...like sewage and diesel mixed. It was gross. We took a picture if an ice cream cone that was on the floor the entire week!
THUMBS DOWN: customer service-I asked for an omelet with American cheese and they waiter told me to go get it. We had a $50.00 on board room credit that we never got. When we went down to the on board credit area we had to fill out a form and told we would have an answer within 24 hours. We got our answer the last night. We asked if we could sign on to their internet and prove that they sent us the email and because we were already on board our reservation was no longer available so we couldn't prove it. We had to ask for towels -we had come back to our cabin expecting the room to have been made up and they had taken our towels and neglected to give us new ones. We also had to call room service to get toilet paper and soap because room service didn't keep up with it. I also asked for lotion three days in a row and never got it. BOTTOM LINE THEY ARE A MUCH LARGER CRUISE SHIP WHICH MEANS MORE PASSENGERS WHICH RESULTS IN TOO MANY PEOPLE FOR THE STAFF TO KEEP UP WITH.
THUMBS DOWN: COST-Everything costs money! Pay attention to your account activity-the drink you bought out on the deck probably isn't the same cost inside.
THUMBS DOWN: security- We stayed in Miami for two days and had bought a 12 pack of Bud Light we had two left and I was going to drink them before We went through security. When we got there there was a whirlwind of confusion and forgot to take them out of my back pack. We got to our room and was emptying my bag when I realized they were right in plain sight- I got through security with two cans of alcohol...ummm disconcerting.
THUMBS DOWN: FOOD! Same exact food every day. Nothing is labeled- I put whipped cream on my wrap instead of sour cream! Please be careful if you have allergies.
THUMBS DOWN: ship sturdiness! If you are susceptible to seasickness DO NOT GET A CABIN AT THE VERY BACK OF THE BOAT! You feel every vibration and every wave!
THUMBS DOWN: TV in our room kept resetting and we called operator and no one ever came.
THUMBS UP: the gym was spacious and clean
THUMBS UP: bathroom and shower are separate
THUMBS UP: departure from ship was quick Less