Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by nw_man

Cruise Date: October 2012
Embarkation: Venice
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: IA
See More About: Norwegian Spirit Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Rates 5+

NCL Spirit, awesome, great, the best ever !
Having sailed on NCL before we knew what to expect. A great time. And we weren't disappointed. I would go so far as to say this was possibly our best cruise ever. The ship is excellent, if a little tired, the crew great and the company for this trip, outstanding. Ports and itinerary, well that is why we chose this sailing. Superb.

Embarkation at Venice was the usual, lots of people hanging about but fine. First impressions of the ship were that the cabin was a little ' tired ' but I mean, how much time do you actually spend in there ? It was fine and by day two we hardly noticed again.

The ship herself has an Asian theme as she was formerly the Superstar Leo and sailed Asia before NCL bought her.

I am going to keep this review with regards the ship very short, suffice to say she had all the amenities one would expect on a ship, theatre, restaurants, ( extremely small ) gym, library, card room, spa, shops, bars, the list goes on..

I believe that a cruise is what you make of it, if you wish to stay isolated as a cruiser and keep yourselves to yourselves, you can certainly do so. If however you wish to gain some great new friends then you can also do that. We chose the latter and with the help of the roll call on cruise critic we met so many new friends it is quite unbelievable. Some I really believe could turn out to be lifelong. THAT is what made this cruise so special for us. My advice is this : talk to people ! Share a dining table with strangers, participate in cruise activities. You wont regret it.

I have reviewed the ports that are listed on cruise critic in their relevant sections, however I cannot find a section for Toulon, so here is my review :

TOULON :

A tender port for us, a military port in France. Entirely forgettable. I have no idea why any cruiseline would bother with Toulon.The town itself is nothing to write home about and there is nothing to do there really.

Next time we are staying onboard !

Publication Date: 11/12/12