Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by sabiha: 12 night South Pacific Cruise

12 night South Pacific Cruise

Sail Date: October 2012
Destination: South Pacific
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)

Embarkation was terrible, even though we did all our check ins on line the que was over an hour and a half long. When you have three kids it is not enjoyable.

First impressions of the ship: Nice and clean. There was no real wow factor for me but I did like what I saw.

Cruise Staff: Wow what a great bunch of people. Very friendly and great with the kids, but I also found that even though they were friendly some of them did not know much about the ship or where certain places on the ship was...This at times was a little frustrating.

Cabin: We were in Cabin 4032 and well it was very clean and had enough beds for us to sleep in but it was so squashy that while we were getting ready I had to make the kids sit on the beds because there was no room to walk around without knocking each other over. The bathroom was very small as well. The room did not bother me in size because we didn't spend much time in their. but when we were there I just couldn't help but feel a More bit claustrophobic. (Thank Goodness we had a nice big window)

Stateroom Attendant: His name was Johnny and we wanted to bring him home.

Food:The Windjammer was o.k the food got a little boring after about the fourth day. Their was heaps of food but it always seemed to be the same stuff. The dining room however seemed to have a little more variety and was better service.

Kids Club: What can I say. My 7yr old loved it. My 8yr old and 11yr old not so much.

Activities on Board. There seemed to be something happening the majority of the time, but not allot revolving around the pool and most of the activities were aimed at the adults. The kids seemed to be bored at times with only the pool or the rock-climbing wall to keep them occupied, and of course kids club if they liked it. Well that's a run down of what we thought of the basics. We travelled though five meter swells for the first 2 days and many people including my 8yr old got very sea sick. On the 4Th day my 11 yr old caught a gastro bug off the boat as well. That is why I said a bad start.

I thought the staff handled themselves very well through both these sicknesses and the cleanliness and sanitation that they provided in protecting the public was outstanding.

The ports of call: Ilse of Pines, Vila Vanuatu, Port Denarau, Suva Fiji and Lifou were beautiful.We would love to of had a little more time at each place, but overall we enjoyed each stop.

Once we had gotten over the first four days of sickness and thinking that this holiday was going to be a disaster, the kids began to enjoy themselves and in turn so did Hubby and Myself.

Yes. I would do it again. But I would like to try a different boat next time, just for comparison. Less

Read more Rhapsody of the Seas cruise reviews >>