Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by lilbee1125

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by lilbee1125
Allure of the Seas
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Worth every penny!
My fiance and I have been together for 4 years (engaged for 3) and we waited to get married so we could finish college, start making money & saving as much as we can before we take the "plunge". So with our wedding this coming June 2013... we wnated to take 1 nice vacation to treat ourselves for all our hard work and dedication.

The Allure of The Seas did not dissapoint!

I'd been wanting to do this cruise for years, all the way from when the Oasis was unveiled but we obviously couldnt because we were in "savingmode".

We booked cabin 8120 (its forward cabin with a big ocean view window). I don't get sea sick, so i didnt mind that we felt the ocean rock a bit at night... it was nothing crazy but usually if u stay forward/aft you tend to feel it more than a mid-ship cabin.

The cabins are small.. but it has a space for everything. THe bathroom is small but my fiance and I maneuvered around eachother without any problems. We had a vanity with a lit-mirror for me to do my hair/makeup while he got ready and shaved in the bathroom. It was perfect.

The bed was SO COMFY and the sheets always sparkly clean and cozy. The closet had plenty of hangers/etc and lots of hooks on the walls to hang bathingsuits, towels etc.

THe ship itself is a dream... its a floating piece of Las Vegas. It is Grand, opulent, modern, classic, innovative, fun and elegant all at the same time. The staff was WONDERFUL, we didn't encounter not 1 bad person. The selection of food available at all different times & areas of the ship is FANTASTIC because of the amount of people aboard. I didnt wait in 1 line... except maybe at Starbucks.

The specialty restaurants were great, the brazilian steakhouse was our favorite (dont miss the desserts). But if you dont want to spend extra on that, you dont need to. The food in the main dining room (adagio) is incredible. We even had roasted duck one night... soooooo good!

The only complaint for me comes from the ports of call- we werent crazy about them at all.

Cozumel - This is a port we have visited before. Its awesome...

Publication Date: 11/12/12