Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by lilbee1125: Worth every penny!

lilbee1125
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Worth every penny!

Sail Date: September 2012

My fiance and I have been together for 4 years (engaged for 3) and we waited to get married so we could finish college, start making money & saving as much as we can before we take the "plunge". So with our wedding this coming June 2013... we wnated to take 1 nice vacation to treat ourselves for all our hard work and dedication.

The Allure of The Seas did not dissapoint!

I'd been wanting to do this cruise for years, all the way from when the Oasis was unveiled but we obviously couldnt because we were in "savingmode".

We booked cabin 8120 (its forward cabin with a big ocean view window). I don't get sea sick, so i didnt mind that we felt the ocean rock a bit at night... it was nothing crazy but usually if u stay forward/aft you tend to feel it more than a mid-ship cabin.

The cabins are small.. but it has a space for everything. THe bathroom is small but my fiance and I maneuvered around eachother without any problems. We had a vanity with a lit-mirror More for me to do my hair/makeup while he got ready and shaved in the bathroom. It was perfect.

The bed was SO COMFY and the sheets always sparkly clean and cozy. The closet had plenty of hangers/etc and lots of hooks on the walls to hang bathingsuits, towels etc.

THe ship itself is a dream... its a floating piece of Las Vegas. It is Grand, opulent, modern, classic, innovative, fun and elegant all at the same time. The staff was WONDERFUL, we didn't encounter not 1 bad person. The selection of food available at all different times & areas of the ship is FANTASTIC because of the amount of people aboard. I didnt wait in 1 line... except maybe at Starbucks.

The specialty restaurants were great, the brazilian steakhouse was our favorite (dont miss the desserts). But if you dont want to spend extra on that, you dont need to. The food in the main dining room (adagio) is incredible. We even had roasted duck one night... soooooo good!

The only complaint for me comes from the ports of call- we werent crazy about them at all.

Cozumel - This is a port we have visited before. Its awesome... Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Allure of the Seas 8120

The cabins are small.. but it has a space for everything. THe bathroom is small but my fiance and I maneuvered around eachother without any problems. We had a vanity with a lit-mirror for me to do my hair/makeup while he got ready and shaved in the bathroom. It was perfect.

the town falmouth doesnt have much... you have no other option but to go to duns river falls, ocho rios or some other tour. we opted to go to an all inclusive hotel (gran bahia principe) it was an all inclusive 1 day pass but the food and alcohol sucked. LOVED COZUMEL - AWESOME.
Read 486 Falmouth Reviews

its a private beach very large so it is great to accomodate everyone on board but the beach has alot of rocks so bring water shoes. we also noticed some of the haitian locals hang out and get food from the buffet.. they try to act like passengers but you can tell they arent. its kinda sad.
Read 366 Labadee Reviews