Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by snapterp61: Nice Time on the Allure

1 Post

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Nice Time on the Allure

Sail Date: October 2012

The ship itself is awesome. Clean, new, has all the amenities you could want.

Embarkation was incredibly smooth. Fast and efficient. Took about 20 minutes from luggage drop to on the ship. Had luggage by 1:30.

Stateroom attendant was fantastic.

Yes, go to the Park Cafe for a roast beef sandwich. They are as good as everybody says.

Windjammer is okay, typical cruise cafeteria food, with better service. Food is barely warm.

I liked Solarium Cafe for lunch. Great salad bar.

Main Dining Room was a disappointment. Food was so-so, and service was not especially good. I like a waiter who can speak English well enough that you can understand them clearly and interact with them. That was not the case with our wait staff.

Ate at Samba Grill one night. Very good. A little rushed, but a good experience.Ate at Cantina one night. Best meal I had all week. Hot Dogs on the Boardwalk are very good as well.

Comedy show was a B. Blue Planet More was an A. Did not see Aqua or Chicago but others we were with said they were very good. I thought Blue Planet was an incredibly good production for a cruise ship. Really well done.

Disembarkation was also well done.

We did not zip line or do flow rider but others in our large group did and they enjoyed. Careful on the flow rider, we had few folks end up pretty bruised from some hard falls.

I think you could be on this ship for a month and not find all the nooks and crannies where you can go and spend time. It is an awesome ship.

Health club was large and had great equipment. Jogging track is very nice if you like to walk or jog. So much better than what you find on smaller ships.

If you can't enjoy yourself on this cruise, give up cruising and do something else. Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Allure of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony Deck 12 12686

Layout of bed in front of closet was annoying. Very difficult to get in and out. It was okay overall but it started to feel very small after 7 days. Shower was a tube and I couldn't take a shower without banging my elbows against the side and I am 5 10 and 175 pounds. Sink was tiny, tiny, tiny. Nice balcony but not a lot of privacy.