Viking Odin Cruise Review by lwanderingscot

Cruise Date: April 2012
Embarkation: Hamburg
Destination: Europe River
Cabin Category: e
See More About: Viking Odin Cruise Reviews | Europe River Cruise Reviews | Viking River Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Viking Odin Review (by Cruise Critic!)
Worst Holiday of my Life
My lady friend having had a cruise on a European river before Viking Odin sounded like a terrific chance to have holiday in a floating river hotel. No such luck, probably the worst holiday I and many of the other passengers to whom we bcame friends felt the same way.

The staff were terrific except for the cruise director who would have been better off on a club 18-30 trip. A very condescending attitude towards us Senior Citizens who had probably traveled half the world before he was born.

Activities were non existent, no space and the interminable time cruising especially through locks was extremely boring. For the first four days we were not allowed to use the upper deck for fear we would be decapitated by bridges confined to the main lounge with a book to read could have done that at home.

Cabin useless, so small my dog would not have felt comfortable. After showering I had to leave the "shower room" in order to dry myself I could barely move my arms.

Entertainment was pathetic and that is being nice, the only good time was dinner when we sat with the friends we had made and had a good laugh and chat.

The only good excursion which my Lady enjoyed was an opera trip, we did our own thing when we could get off the ship and it turned out we had been quite wise to do that.

Not worth the money and if it had not been for the staff and food would have been an absolute disaster.

Publication Date: 11/10/12