Viking Odin Cruise Review by lwanderingscot: Worst Holiday of my Life

Worst Holiday of my Life

Sail Date: April 2012
Destination: Europe - River Cruise
Embarkation: Hamburg

My lady friend having had a cruise on a European river before Viking Odin sounded like a terrific chance to have holiday in a floating river hotel. No such luck, probably the worst holiday I and many of the other passengers to whom we bcame friends felt the same way.
The staff were terrific except for the cruise director who would have been better off on a club 18-30 trip. A very condescending attitude towards us Senior Citizens who had probably traveled half the world before he was born.

Activities were non existent, no space and the interminable time cruising especially through locks was extremely boring. For the first four days we were not allowed to use the upper deck for fear we would be decapitated by bridges confined to the main lounge with a book to read could have done that at home.

Cabin useless, so small my dog would not have felt comfortable. After showering I had to leave the "shower room" in order to dry myself I could barely move my More arms.

Entertainment was pathetic and that is being nice, the only good time was dinner when we sat with the friends we had made and had a good laugh and chat.

The only good excursion which my Lady enjoyed was an opera trip, we did our own thing when we could get off the ship and it turned out we had been quite wise to do that.

Not worth the money and if it had not been for the staff and food would have been an absolute disaster. Less

Read more Viking Odin cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Viking Odin Review >>

Cabin review: Viking Odin 107

Cabin atrocious, the smallest space I have ever had to pay for for two people. One small port hole at water level when tied up you invariable had no daylight because sister ships were tied up alongside and completely block he port hole. The "bathroom" and I use the term loosely was so small my shoulders would not fit into the shower full on I had to turn sideways as I have already stated I had to leave the place to dry myself. Barely room for two people to dress without waiting for one to finish first. I am fairly normal in size so is my Lady it should certainly have a warning for obese people that accommodations are of a small nature.

Boarding port just time for a quick walk in the evening before dinner so cannot comment to any great extent.
Read 29 Hamburg Reviews

Once again time was so short just time for a quick walk ashore and a beer at a cafe with my Lady doing a bit of shopping.
Read 18 Prague Reviews