Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by belles: Just back from the Imagination

Compare Prices on Carnival Imagination Bahamas Cruises

Just back from the Imagination

Sail Date: November 2012
Destination: Bahamas

We flew down to FLL the night before and stayed at the Homewood Suites cruise port. This was a great stay for $119.00 a night incl tax. They offered a free shuttle from FLL to the hotel as well as a free dinner and breakfast.
The room was very comfortable and clean.
We were going to use SAS shuttle in the am from FLL to the Port of Miami for I believe it was $18 per person. When I mentioned to the hotel desk clerk we'd be going back to FLL in the am for a shuttle she advised us they had a shuttle that goes to POM at 11am and it's $15 a person for 6 of us. Wow, much better than having to go back to the airport, find the shuttle and board. So, with a $10 deposit I reserved it for the morning.
At 11am we were all in the lobby, boarded the shuttle and on our way. We arrived at the port around 11:35 and found no lines to drop off our luggage. We then proceeded to the line where they check your passport and boarding pass. It was a little funny that we made it through More faster than our friends who are Platinum members. We then proceeded through security and waited maybe 15 minutes to check in and board. That was a very short wait and I was impressed.
We boarded the ship and headed to the Lido deck for lunch. There were no lines there either. We checked out our cabin and walked around the ship.
Saturday we were in Nassau overnight. We only walked around the shops in Nassau, been too many times to count.
We saw the comedian which was very funny. Don't waste your time on the show "Living in America". It was horrible.
The food was very good, really no lines at all and the ship was nice.
This was just a quick weekend away with friends. We did all have a good time, but I think I would stick with a 6-7 night cruise in the future.
I can not stand one thing in one of the shops (on all Carnival ships), they have this "sale" that starts at a certain time, they then unveil a black cloth that's draped over the watches and bracelets. Hoards of people gather and act like animals. They need to know that, people this could get dangerous and you can walk into the shop 3 hours later and get the same item, same price and not find such crazed people. It was worse than Black Friday at Toys R US or Best Buy! Less

Read more Carnival Imagination cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Imagination Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Imagination Oceanview Riviera r47

cabin location was on the Riviera Deck, it was quiet and nice location in the front of the ship R47