“COSTA food awful & staff work 12-hr shifts ”
Cruise review of Costa Deliziosa

fit00guy Costa Deliziosa 1 COSTA food awful & staff work 12-hr shifts
fit00guy
Member Since 2012
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I am utterly disappointed with Costa. Food is just HORRIBLE. Pasta is inedible - mostly soggy with awful weird sauces. We were dining at the top tier Samsara restaurant and they serve us the same yucky nonsense that they served others in the ballroom next door for the passengers booked in regular cabins. What's the point of having a higher tier category when you serve them rubbish regular Joe food? Also, staff were not well trained - staff continually get our orders mixed up, serving us wrong cutlery, wrong dishes, etc. Come on, COSTA. But I suspect the real reason for this is not incompetence but FATIGUE. Costa's contract staff are working 12 hour SHIFTS - OMG - for 9 months without off days. This is after I spoke to several staff and they all told us the same thing - Costa's Italian management hire these Asian people to work 12 hour shifts DAILY without any off days - is this even legal????? Also, in the buffet restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner, the food is the SAME EVERY SINGLE DAY omg. it is just simply awful. There is no such thing as luxury on this boat just expect lots of mass tourism with MANY MANY MANY ITALIAN badly behaving TOURISTS who jump queues etc etc. The Italian staff on the ship need to simply learn the meaning of H O S P I T A L I T Y - they NEVER smile, look arrogant.
Costa Deliziosa Cruises to the Western Mediterranean

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Costa Deliziosa Review
Costa Deliziosa Cruises to the Western Mediterranean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?