Carnival Pride 5

“Two night cruise to nowhere”
Cruise review of Carnival Pride

surfanarchist
Member Since 2012
7 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

My wife and I were driving home from our jobs in D.C. and heard on the radio that Carnival had a two night "Cruise to Nowhere" leaving Baltimore on the very next day. It seams that the Carnival Pride had to cancel it's regular run due to the big storm Hurricane Sandy. After the storm passed and with the ship just sitting there Carnival decided they would do a short two night cruise out to the end of the Chesapeake bay and back. No ports, just sea.

This was our first cruise. We had the two of us and my 4 year old daughter. Short review; we had a great time. From checking in to checking off the ship it was all stress free and smooth. The ship is beautiful. I am a retired Navy Chief and I know what it takes to keep a big ship maintained and I was impressed with the cleanliness and the state of preservation. Everything shined. Staff was very pleasant. Food was good, diverse and plentiful. My daughter had a great time in the Club Carnival. We only used it for a couple More hours on each day but I think it was the highlight for her.

The only downside was the time it took to get served in the MDR. It was two hours from seating to leaving and that's just to long to keep a four year old tied down.

Carnival was smart to make this short cruise. Lot's of first timers as it was so convenient to just take off on a weekend and do this, and the rates were cheap. Inside SR were $99. I will definitely cruise again. Less

Carnival Pride Cruises to Nowhere

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

8B5257
Nice staterom. No issues.

Published 11/09/12

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review

Carnival Pride Cruises to Nowhere

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?