Carnival Valor Cruise Review by barbadosbeachbum

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Valor Cruise Review by barbadosbeachbum
Carnival Valor
Carnival Valor
Member Name: barbadosbeachbum
Cruise Date: October 2012
Cabin Category: 8B

Carnival Valor 27/10/12
All in all, we really enjoyed this cruise. I went with my husband to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary. The staff was friendly, but I never felt that anyone went above and beyond.

Stateroom: Our stateroom was great with plenty of storage space. There was room for a third person and by no means would this have changed anything. We didn't even use up all the space provided. We knew we might have a slight problem with noise because we were one deck above the promenade deck. We were right above the Casino bar so the music was going until 12:30 every night. It didn't bother us even when we were in the cabin for the night, but it would definitely be something to keep in mind if you don't like noise.

Entertainment: The entertainment was fantastic. Not as good as other cruises we've been on, but great just the same. The cruise director, Felipe, was one of the best we've ever seen on a ship. He was funny, fun and kept everyone pumped up for whatever was going on. The dancers were fantastic and the singers were great as well. The comedians that were on board were okay but certainly nothing to write home about. We found that there was always something going on to please everyone throughout the days at sea. Trivia, wine pairings, mini-golf tournaments....you name it, they had it.

Dining: The food was alright, but slightly on the bland side. My biggest disappointment with the dining was that I asked several times for the amount of carbohydrates in one of the items that was regularly on the menu in order to calculate my insulin dosage for my diabetes, and was told each time by the Maitre D' that she would come back to me with an answer. She never did. I guess it bothered me more than it normally would because there was another passenger with a different health issue who she came to see every night so that they could modify the meal he chose. Found the breakfast food a little on the greasy side, but lunches were fantastic and there was tons of variety. I was disappointed that I didn't get to try them all!

Excursions: We enjoyed just about all of them with the exception of a city tour in Nassau. One thing we really enjoyed was "Behind the Fun" that was offered on the last day at sea. We went throughout the ship, kitchen galley, theater, engine room, and on the bridge and met the captain. It was absolutely amazing. There were little perks for doing this excursion, but I don't want to give it away in case anyone is considering it. A touch on the expensive side, but we found it worthwhile.

We thought that this cruise was good value for our money and would definitely go back with Carnival again.

Publication Date: 11/07/12