Carnival Magic Cruise Review by newBell11: FUN! FUN! FUN!

newBell11
Member Since 2011

Family & Children 4.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Magic Western Caribbean Cruises

FUN! FUN! FUN!

Sail Date: October 2012
Embarkation: Galveston

First of all just let me say that we were extremely lucky with the weather we had. Hurricane Sandy missed us by a few days and our weather could not have been better. The ship was beautiful and the crew were wonderful from day one.

I think any vacation is what you make it. If you are looking for something to gripe about, you will no doubt find it. We are always looking for the positive and are very rarely disappointed. We already had a great group of people to meet from the best little facebook page EVER! Our page administrator was awesome and set up a poker pub crawl for us on embarkation day! We got to meet each other and explore the ship one bar at a time! No one in my group won but it didn't make it any less fun! So we often passed by people we had met and hung out with a bunch of them throughout the cruise.

We chose anytime dining so we wouldn't be tied down but we did get to request the same waiter each night as long as there was a table available in More his section. Igor was wonderful, so friend and great with my friend's 8 year old boy. The food was really good and if you didn't like something you got, they were eager to bring you something else. They really did want to please.

We ate breakfast on the lido deck and it was fine. I am not a huge breakfast person so I am not the best to judge it. Most days I had an omelet or eggs cooked to order and whatever potato they had on the buffet.

Lunch was hard to judge because we didn't eat that much or that often. We were usually busy having fun somewhere and skipped it or had a quick piece of pizza. We did have the wok once and the variety of veggies could be better but what they did have was good.

We hung out at the Red Frog Pub quite a bit and loved it. If you like Conch Fritters and spicy food, try theirs. I loved them!

We had a cove balcony and I absolutely loved it. I don't know what people are talking about when they say the walls are thin. My friends were next door and we never heard anything. The balcony doors are loud when they shut and I can see how someone would think they are being slammed. It did not bother me at all though. We were not in our cabin all that much. We were busy having fun on our VACATION!!! Our little cabin steward, Lucky was so sweet and did a fantastic job!

We booked our own shore excursions and they were all fantastic. We went to the Hilton Rose Hall in Jamaica for the day, we took wave runners out to Sting Ray City in Grand Cayman, and we toured the island on dune buggies in Cozumel.

The last day is always so fun and relaxing... we hung out by the pool and went down the water slides and sat in the hot tubs for most of the day. That night, we got together with our new friends for one last party before we all had to go home.

We didn't see the shows, that is just not my cup of tea. We usually hang out at the comedy club a lot but only once this cruise. No reason other than we were having fun entertaining ourselves most of the time!

Overall it was a great experience and I think that we met so many great people made it even better! The ship was absolutely amazing! Less

Read more Carnival Magic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Magic Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Magic Balcony Main

We were in cabin 2396. It was a cove balcony and we loved it. Great views, plenty of space. One day I noticed some banging in the galley very early in the morning but it was only for a few minutes. It didn't even stir my husband.

Dune Buggy

(5)
We had an absolute blast on this excursion! We had our 2 couples and an 8 year old in the buggy. We went snorkeling first, then had fajitas at a restaurant by the ocean. Then we were off to the tequileria to learn all kinds of things about tequila. Very fun stuff! Then we went on a beautiful drive to the North side of the island. It is beautiful and not crowded over there! We went to the lighthouse then saw crocodiles. We had all the beer and soft drinks we wanted as well. Our tour ended right at the airport. We had just enough time to do some shopping and get back on the ship. Perfect day!

Jet Skiing

(5)
We took Sea Doos out to Stingray City and went snorkeling after. I would give this a 5+ but in was choppy that day and it is a pretty rough ride when it is choppy. We learned out to handle the sea doos a little better on the way back and it got better. It was a lot of fun and we had time to go walk on 7 mile beach afterwards.

Beach Break

(4)
We were at the Hilton Rose Hall. For Jamaica I would give this a 5+ because I am not that impressed with Jamaica in general. For a resort, I give it a 4 because the beach was dirty and not that inviting. The property was very pretty and we loved the lazy river and swim up bar. Our waiter, Ivan was great too!