Carnival Magic Cruise Review by newBell11

Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
        7-9 4.0
Value-for-Money 5+

FUN! FUN! FUN!
First of all just let me say that we were extremely lucky with the weather we had. Hurricane Sandy missed us by a few days and our weather could not have been better. The ship was beautiful and the crew were wonderful from day one.

I think any vacation is what you make it. If you are looking for something to gripe about, you will no doubt find it. We are always looking for the positive and are very rarely disappointed. We already had a great group of people to meet from the best little facebook page EVER! Our page administrator was awesome and set up a poker pub crawl for us on embarkation day! We got to meet each other and explore the ship one bar at a time! No one in my group won but it didn't make it any less fun! So we often passed by people we had met and hung out with a bunch of them throughout the cruise.

We chose anytime dining so we wouldn't be tied down but we did get to request the same waiter each night as long as there was a table available in his section. Igor was wonderful, so friend and great with my friend's 8 year old boy. The food was really good and if you didn't like something you got, they were eager to bring you something else. They really did want to please.

We ate breakfast on the lido deck and it was fine. I am not a huge breakfast person so I am not the best to judge it. Most days I had an omelet or eggs cooked to order and whatever potato they had on the buffet.

Lunch was hard to judge because we didn't eat that much or that often. We were usually busy having fun somewhere and skipped it or had a quick piece of pizza. We did have the wok once and the variety of veggies could be better but what they did have was good.

We hung out at the Red Frog Pub quite a bit and loved it. If you like Conch Fritters and spicy food, try theirs. I loved them!

We had a cove balcony and I absolutely loved it. I don't know what people are talking about when they say the walls are thin. My friends were next door and we never heard anything. The balcony doors are loud when they shut and I can see how someone would think they are being slammed. It did not bother me at all though. We were not in our cabin all that much. We were busy having fun on our VACATION!!! Our little cabin steward, Lucky was so sweet and did a fantastic job!

We booked our own shore excursions and they were all fantastic. We went to the Hilton Rose Hall in Jamaica for the day, we took wave runners out to Sting Ray City in Grand Cayman, and we toured the island on dune buggies in Cozumel.

The last day is always so fun and relaxing... we hung out by the pool and went down the water slides and sat in the hot tubs for most of the day. That night, we got together with our new friends for one last party before we all had to go home.

We didn't see the shows, that is just not my cup of tea. We usually hang out at the comedy club a lot but only once this cruise. No reason other than we were having fun entertaining ourselves most of the time!

Overall it was a great experience and I think that we met so many great people made it even better! The ship was absolutely amazing!

Publication Date: 11/07/12