Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by mannymiuse: One beautiful ship

One beautiful ship

Sail Date: October 2012
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Other

Having been on some 50 cruises, I very much tend to lean towards smaller ships(Windstar, Regent Seven Seas, River Cruises)
I'm over Salutes to Broadway, art auctions, gold by the inch, ship's photographers, and spa services.
Having said that, the Adriatic itinerary and the fact that my cousin with whom I was travelling was more comfortable with a larger ship ended us up on the Silhouette.
The experience couldn't have been better.
The primary reason was the artwork....yes, the artwork. You are living in a museum of exquisitely curated works that make the sailing experience BETTER than visiting a museum. Add to this the continuation of the Celebrity tradition, I feel, of fine taste in decor and furnishings and you have a winner.
Service was EXCELLENT. There was never a feeling of being on a crowded ship...space per passenger was great....embarkation and debarkation was easy,
The food was good....one should not realistically expect superb when a kitchen is More preparing food for 3,000. I don't visit the extra cost restaurants, I have already paid for my meal.
In fact, the only 2 items I have to cavil with are the inadequate drawer space in the cabins and the newly prevalent policy that all ships seem to be having of prepaying a fixed amount for liquor each day...something which naturally leads to excessive drinking (No, I'm not a prohibitionist) Less

Read more Celebrity Silhouette cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Silhouette Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Silhouette Concierge Class Panorama Deck (9) 1227

Everything was great except for inadequate drawer space