Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by downunder9

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by downunder9
Voyager of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas
Member Name: downunder9
Cruise Date: October 2012
Embarkation: Singapore
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Cabin Category: D2
See More About: Voyager of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Australia & New Zealand Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Spa & Fitness 5+

Excitement Plus On Voyager
We flew from Perth to Singapore, overnight stay and made our way down to the new $500,million Sing. Terminal" The Marina Centre". Boarding time was supposed to be at 11am. When we arrived there were 2 large ships in port, Diamond Princess and Voyager.

From there it was down hill all the way, There was a line of over 3000 people all over the Terminal with long Delays but we finally got onto the ship at about 1.30

This was my first cruise on RCCL and my first on a large ship over 80,000 tons.

Personally i was very impressed with the ship, yes there were a couple of areas that needed some work " Like carpets in the state room area" but this would not impact my holiday.

My cabin was a balcony and bigger than i have ever had before, sure there was no shower caps, no chocies on the bed but for me to have a 40% bigger cabin than i have had before was the big Bonus. To have a balcony that was actually usable was also great.

The ship was big, very well maintained and lots to do.ice skating, rock climbing, roller skating,pools spa's, and the list goes on and on. I really loved the Promenade, shops bars cafe' etc . You did not feel like you were on a ship at all great feeling being apart of it.

I ate at most venues and found a good variety of food, hot and very good.

The service was great across the ship and i always find if you have fun with the staff and show some respect, you cruise is so much better.

The gym are i used and on 2 levels was the best i have ever seen with some machines having I Pod docks etc.

We had second seating in the wonderful main dining room but it was at 8.30 and i found that it was too late for me personally. To finish a meal at almost 10pm was too much.I also did notice guys you can hire a suit for the formal nights but not sure of how many was on offer. I would contact the ship before choosing this option

I just loved the main theatre just stunning on 3 levels.Best i have ever seen, i was just happy to sit in to be honest.

The cruise had it all. The ship celebrated its 13 birthday, we had a chopper evacuation of an injured or sick passenger which was incredible to see.

If i had to be critical i found just a few entertainers were a bit weak,and to have only a few ice skating shows over 14 days was under used i believe.

However overall We had a wonderful time, great food all around the ship, lots to keep you busy if you wanted to, staff were very good with some great characters when you engaged them, plenty of room and this was a fantastic value for money cruise, so much so i have booked a 18 day Sydney to Fremantle cruise in February can't wait

Publication Date: 11/07/12