Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by downunder9: Excitement Plus On Voyager

Excitement Plus On Voyager

Sail Date: October 2012
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Embarkation: Singapore

We flew from Perth to Singapore, overnight stay and made our way down to the new $500,million Sing. Terminal" The Marina Centre". Boarding time was supposed to be at 11am. When we arrived there were 2 large ships in port, Diamond Princess and Voyager.
From there it was down hill all the way, There was a line of over 3000 people all over the Terminal with long Delays but we finally got onto the ship at about 1.30
This was my first cruise on RCCL and my first on a large ship over 80,000 tons.

Personally i was very impressed with the ship, yes there were a couple of areas that needed some work " Like carpets in the state room area" but this would not impact my holiday.
My cabin was a balcony and bigger than i have ever had before, sure there was no shower caps, no chocies on the bed but for me to have a 40% bigger cabin than i have had before was the big Bonus. To have a balcony that was actually usable was also great.

The ship was big, very well maintained More and lots to do.ice skating, rock climbing, roller skating,pools spa's, and the list goes on and on. I really loved the Promenade, shops bars cafe' etc . You did not feel like you were on a ship at all great feeling being apart of it.
I ate at most venues and found a good variety of food, hot and very good.

The service was great across the ship and i always find if you have fun with the staff and show some respect, you cruise is so much better.

The gym are i used and on 2 levels was the best i have ever seen with some machines having I Pod docks etc.

We had second seating in the wonderful main dining room but it was at 8.30 and i found that it was too late for me personally. To finish a meal at almost 10pm was too much.I also did notice guys you can hire a suit for the formal nights but not sure of how many was on offer. I would contact the ship before choosing this option

I just loved the main theatre just stunning on 3 levels.Best i have ever seen, i was just happy to sit in to be honest.

The cruise had it all. The ship celebrated its 13 birthday, we had a chopper evacuation of an injured or sick passenger which was incredible to see.

If i had to be critical i found just a few entertainers were a bit weak,and to have only a few ice skating shows over 14 days was under used i believe.

However overall We had a wonderful time, great food all around the ship, lots to keep you busy if you wanted to, staff were very good with some great characters when you engaged them, plenty of room and this was a fantastic value for money cruise, so much so i have booked a 18 day Sydney to Fremantle cruise in February can't wait Less

Read more Voyager of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Voyager of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Voyager of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom Deck 7 7662

Cabin 7662 was a Superior balcony cabin on deck 7 at the aft of the ship. Pleant of storage space, room good size and so was the balcony- easy get 4 people on it. Bathroom was good, shampoo and conditioner in shower which was very good but that is all that is supplied. Towels etc are very good quality. There was flat screen TV with movies and the usual stuff ad you could also check you room account on the screen. Nice beds and plenty of pillows, Kettle and tea is supplied but if you want coffee with out getting via room service take some with you. Room service is free but not between midnight and 5 am which is fair enough. Hair dryer in draw which was pretty good. 2 power point options 1 x 110 and 1 x 220 volt everything worked well

We hired a taxi over the Internet and did our own thing $60 Au return. Went down to Pattaya did some shopping etc and came back This option helped avoid crowds at the pier