“First Cruise on Norwegian”
Cruise review of Norwegian Star

garyj4 Norwegian Star 1 First Cruise on Norwegian
garyj4
Member Since 2011
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
My wife and I have never cruised before. My mother has cruised on several different cruise lines, but this was her first time on NCL. We have always been told to expect 5-star service from the cruise line and 5-star food on cruises. We will never cruise with NCL again. We had a suite - supposed to have some benefits The only benefit I saw was the butler and Cagneys for breakfast. The food, for the most part was barely edible. Do not order lobster it will come out like rubber. If you order steak order it rare or well done, they cannot cook between these two. The butler and the room steward were great. The rest of the crew, not so much. There is one buffet on the ship and it is one step above inedible. The best food is at the pay restraunts and they are no where 5 star. In the pay restraunts its was maybe 3 star, in the non-pay I will be generous and give it a one star. This cruise was all about what they can get you to spend money on. I cannot recommend it to anyone.
Norwegian Star Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Family Penthouse with Large Balcony

Jeep 4X4 Adventure
Island was very pretty, this is listed as a level one excursion, it is not. It should be a level 2 excursion due to the rough surfaces.
Best of Cozumel
Beautiful island, helps if you speak spanish. The 'tour' of Mexico was disappointing as it is all minatures. The tour of the tequlia process was very nice. Try the cream tequilia!
Semi-Sub
Nice island, very scenic. The boat moves quite a bit when stationary while the guide is feeding the fish.
Published 11/06/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Star Review
Norwegian Star Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?