Norwegian Star Cruise Review by garyj4: First Cruise on Norwegian

Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Norwegian Star Western Caribbean Cruises

First Cruise on Norwegian

Sail Date: October 2012
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

My wife and I have never cruised before. My mother has cruised on several different cruise lines, but this was her first time on NCL. We have always been told to expect 5-star service from the cruise line and 5-star food on cruises.

We will never cruise with NCL again. We had a suite - supposed to have some benefits The only benefit I saw was the butler and Cagneys for breakfast.

The food, for the most part was barely edible. Do not order lobster it will come out like rubber. If you order steak order it rare or well done, they cannot cook between these two.

The butler and the room steward were great. The rest of the crew, not so much.

There is one buffet on the ship and it is one step above inedible.

The best food is at the pay restraunts and they are no where 5 star. In the pay restraunts its was maybe 3 star, in the non-pay I will be generous and give it a one star.

This cruise was all about what they can get you to spend More money on.

I cannot recommend it to anyone. Less

Read more Norwegian Star cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Star Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Star 11560

Cabin was a family cabin with large master bedroom and bath, then a separate kids/in-law suite and a shared kitchen and balcony. It is on the port side and was very quiet.

Nice port, LONG WALK TO THE SHOPS.
Read 684 Aruba Reviews

Jeep 4X4 Adventure

(4)
Island was very pretty, this is listed as a level one excursion, it is not. It should be a level 2 excursion due to the rough surfaces.

Best of Cozumel

(3)
Beautiful island, helps if you speak spanish. The 'tour' of Mexico was disappointing as it is all minatures. The tour of the tequlia process was very nice. Try the cream tequilia!

Semi-Sub

(3)
Nice island, very scenic. The boat moves quite a bit when stationary while the guide is feeding the fish.

Dirty, taxi drivers blocked way into port. We turned around and went back on the ship.

Nice port, shopping is right there.
Read 2333 St. Thomas Reviews