Disney Wonder Cruise Review by novazx3

Cruise Date: September 2012
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: U.S.A.
Cabin Category: 5C
See More About: Disney Wonder Cruise Reviews | U.S.A. Cruise Reviews | Disney Cruise Deals
        Under 3 3.0

Ship Facts: Disney Wonder Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Wonder Deck Plans
Service was so good I cried
I had such a good time on the Disney Wonder I don't know where to begin. We took the Pacific Coast Cruise which I felt was a good start for a first time cruiser like myself and my husband. We were traveling with our two year old.

I was amazed at the detail of the decoration of the ship, it amazing. Our stateroom was spacious, and it was nice to have a curtain that separated our room from our daughter's room. The food was very good, we enjoyed every meal.

One thing that I wish I could have done differently-it would have been nice to have the itineraries with the activities ahead of time. I had no idea on how to schedule the babysitting time, so I picked random hours here and there. Our daughter had a great time in the Flounder's Reef Nursery, but if I could have done things differently, I would have spent my days with her, and then at dinnertime, put her in the nursery so I could eat in peace. A two year old is not capable of sitting through a two hour meal, and it makes a very stressful situation. It got so bad at one point that my daughter was on my lap, crying, tugging at my breast and I couldn't eat my food. My waiter came over, and offered to cut my meat for me so I could finish my meal. I cried at the kindness he showed me, I was so stressed out and my husband was oblivious to my plight. From that moment, it was a turning point for me. I was hooked.

We went to all of the shows, enjoyed the pools, enjoyed the gym and the adult area. The adult bar area was dead most of the time, but it was ok with us since we were traveling with a small child. In retrospect, I should have picked the later seating for dinner. It was too hard getting ready for the 5:45 dinner time, it seemed like we just got the day started and then it was time to eat dinner.

The Ports of Call-not so good. Los Angeles-San Francisco, San Diego and Ensenada. I think this was done backward. It was freezing cold in San Francisco and we were there for two entire days. It should have been San Francisco-Los Angeles-San Diego-Ensenada. I would have been fine with one day in SF, one day in LA, two days in San Diego, and one day in Ensenada. Maybe cold-to warm-to warmer-to hot. I was miserable those cold days at sea and in cold San Francisco. My mood lightened the moment we arrived in Sunny San Diego. I preferred being on the ship, and there was a lot for us to get into. If not, I would have really of been disappointed.

Overall, I would rate this trip 4 out of 5 stars. Service was top notch, entertainment was top notch, food was great, and amenities of the ship were great. Ports of call-eh...I would pass. Just booked my next cruise for next year on the Disney Fantasy. Now I know how a cruise works, I know exactly what I want to do and how I want to do it.

Disney-you made a believer out of me!!!

Publication Date: 11/04/12