Carnival Magic Cruise Review by freebirdco

Cruise Date: October 2012
Embarkation: Galveston
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 7C
See More About: Carnival Magic Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Magic for the Girls
Please take into consideration that I am not a picky person and usually do not complain unless something is really a problem.

This was a "girls" trip and we were determined to have fun and relax.

It was the 1st trip I have taken for sometime that wasn't during summer, fall or winter break etc.. Not many kids on the ship. I was determined to meet someone who wasn't from Texas. Never happened, my group from Colorado was the minority. Everyone was very nice.

I had not been on Carnival for 5+ years. My last 8-10 cruises happen to be on Royal Caribean. My last vacation was at a Palace Resort in Mexico. I had decided I liked that as much if not more than a cruise. My neighbor had her 60th birthday in October and invited me.

BALCONY ROOM

We were on deck 2 with a cove balcony. I had always been up way higher and was at 1st disappointed when I saw our room. After I adjusted I actually decided that I liked it. The life boats were directly above us and it was protected. You could sit out there and not get blown away. We saw some awesome sunsets from our balcony.

SPA & Fitness Center

My friend had recently been on a cruise and said we had to go up to the spa first thing because they would have specials. Sure enough... they said that they sell 50 unlimited passes for the thermal spa. It was $125pp for the week and totally worth it. We went everyday, it was something we enjoyed thoroughly. If you only wanted a day pass it was $35 per day.

I got up every morning at 6:30 and would walk the track on top. Saw some great sunrises and it was very relaxing and a moment that I go back to often in my mind. I also went to the fitness center several times and it was very nice with good equipment. Nothing like that view...when I go to my gym now it just isn't the same ?

The process for getting on and off the ship was one of the smoothest that I ever recall. It was a little crazy when everyone decided it was time for lunch. The Mongolian place upstairs in the buffet area was to die for. The 1st day the line was very long but worth it. The only thing I could find to complain about was the beverage services. When you got water it was hot..would melt the ice right away and that area did not ever flow smoothly. The entire week there was a line for coffee and tea or lemonade. Up in this area was where I did notice the cutbacks. I was used to sitting down on previous cruises and someone would come around and ask if you needed anything, refill your coffee or tea etc. there were not very many workers around up there.

Dining Room service was slow the 1st couple nights, then we told them we would like to get out a little earlier so we could go to a show. After that we always got out on time.

We were thrilled with the overall trip and would highly recommend it.

Publication Date: 11/04/12
Read the Bahamas ports review by freebirdco
More Carnival Magic Cruise Reviews