Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by cincele

Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 8A
Cabin Number: M253

Sensational time!
We had a lovely time on the Carnival Sensation leaving Port Canaveral 10/21/2012. Embarkation was very easy, we walked right through onto the ship. We parked our car in one of the private lots and took their shuttle and that worked out very well at one-half the price of the port parking. Getting off the ship was also very quick and easy.

We had cabin M253, it was a balcony and very pleasant. Lots of storage and shower was larger than I expected. The carpet could stand to be replaced but the room was clean and the mattress and pillows - terrific. Our room steward "Com" was outstanding and really took care of us. Towel animals and chocolates every night and the room was kept spotless. He was delightful and personable.

We had heard very mixed reviews of this ship including bad smells and dirty public areas. We must have been on a different ship because I found the public areas (including restrooms) to be very clean and they were constantly working on them. The decorating was definitely outdated but it was cheerful and we thought it was a lot of fun.

I did not go to many shows but the comedy and game shows we did attend were fun and I thought the space was great, very roomy.

Dining was really wonderful and the food was very good. My favorite was the mango melon soup and my partner loved the escargot and pizza. Every meal we had in the dining room was very good. The buffet was a buffet but I did love the grits at breakfast! They kept the lines moving very well. We did not eat in any of the specialty restaurants.

I absolutely loved Nassau and I took the Ardastra gardens and city tour. Our guide "Rudy" did an amazing job and took us through the neighborhood he grew up in and we saw lots of interesting sites. He even took the time to point out all of the fruit trees and explained what they were and how they were cooked. The bus was roomy and nicely air-conditioned. I loved Ardastra Gardens, the animals are wonderful and feeding the parrots apple was a lot of fun. The marching flamingoes are rather cheesy but a pure delight! I enjoyed seeing them up close and I laughed and laughed at the ones who turned and went the wrong way, doing their own thing. I just wish the tour had been longer.

Our ship raced ahead of Hurrican Sandy so it was very rocky the last night. Even the staff looked a little green. But weather will do what it will do and the cruise lines have no control over it. We had wonderful weather in Freeport and it was cloudy enough over Nassau the following day to cut the heat for the excursion. Prices are down in October, so I am happy to take my chances with the weather.

This is a lovely cruise at a very good price. The ship is older but very well kept up and clean as a whistle.

Publication Date: 11/04/12
Read the Bahamas ports review by cincele
More Carnival Sensation Cruise Reviews