Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by montezuma1994: EXTREMELY Disappointed!

montezuma1994
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Carnival Ecstasy Bahamas Cruises

EXTREMELY Disappointed!

Sail Date: October 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Our 5 day cruise was shortened to a 4 day with the deletion of a port stop. We understand the weather delay--it is Hurricane Season. However, the Embarkation was completely disgusting. As VIP's we were made to stand in line for over an hour and a half (we got to the port after the beginning time given by Carnival). The VIP's had to ask if there was a VIP Embarkation. We had to ask 3 times and were told to go to 3 different and wrong places, as were all others. Except for our waitstaff (Amin, Pedro) and room steward (George), the rest of the staff sucked. I was on hold for 45 minutes the first time I called Room Service. I was on hold every time I called for no shorter than 15 minutes. There were 3 times on different days that there was no coffee available (it was empty). The coffee that came through Room Service was so disgusting, I couldn't drink it. Believe me--I'm not a complainer. I'm a long time coffee drinker. The coffee was either burnt or was so weak, it looked More like water with a drop of coloring in it. There was only one person each day working the pizza bar and one person working the deli, and on a couple days, there was one person working both at the same time. The buffets were closed early every day. Carnival didn't offer any compensation (other than refunds of the lost day and the missed port fees and taxes). No drink specials, nothing. Then there were staff who literally pushed people out of the way to wipe something up without saying anything.

Oh, and by the way, we ported in Nassau for two days. Uuuggghhhh. And...it intermittently smelled like sewage.

The only excursion we were able to take was well worth it: We were able to go out on the Catamaran snorkeling excursion with Reef Tours. We highly recommend it. It actually saved the whole cruise from being a bust.

Carnival was our favorite line, but definitely not anymore. Less

Read more Carnival Ecstasy cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Ecstasy Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Ecstasy Suite Upper U74

Really liked the Grand Suite. Plenty of space and great steward service. Smelled of sewage though.

Snorkeling

(5)
We booked through the cruise ship because we had heard that Freeport wasn't an ideal place to go when you are on your own. The trip was through Reef Tours and we were very pleased with it. The snorkeling was phenomenal. We also liked K-Ron and Terry who were funny and made it even more fun. Highly recommend it.

We went to Nassau years ago. It is still pretty nasty. Our snorkeling excursion was cancelled. We were ported there two nights instead of one. We were not happy about that.
Read 2666 Nassau Reviews