Celebrity Solstice 5

Cruise review of Celebrity Solstice

mhambro
Member Since 2012

Overall Member Rating

This was the easiest embarkation procedure that I have ever experienced. It took no time at all. My first view of the interior of the ship was dazzling. My companion who had never sailed before was equally impressed.

The cabin we had was quite comfortable but could have used a few more drawers. We found ourselves leaving clothes on the sofa.

The food was very good in the dining room and the buffet. We had select seating and I was very impressed with the smoothness of the operation and the service we received in the dining room. We did not partake in the specialty restaurants by choice. We did however enjoy lunch at Bistro on 5. To bad we didn't find it sooner, we would have eaten there more often.

The entertainment was disappointing. I am not sure if it was the scheduling of the show or perhaps the early morning departures for tours that made it inconvenient to see a number of them. What I did see was only so-so.

My experience with the shore More excursions was to say the least bad. The excursion to Florence and the one in Rome left a lot to be desired. Prior excursions on the same cruise were better. A complaint to the shore excursion desk resulted in a credit to my account. I would have been better off arranging private tours as many other people did. I spoke to a number of people who felt the same way I did and also complained.

The activities were sufficient. I have no idea why everything is done in the morning though. There are many people who like to sleep in and miss some morning activities as well as those who are having dinner and can't be at the 8:00 pm drawings in the jewelry shop. I was not at all impressed with the merchandise for sale on the ship.

Leaving the ship on the last day was almost as smooth as getting on. The fact that no announcements were made as to which group was to disembark made it a little difficult, but once off we retrieved our luggage and were whisked away by bus to the airport.

In closing let me say that having taken this trip on the Millennium 10 years ago
this one was better. Even with the complaints it really didn't discourage me from sailing Celebrity again and again. Less

Celebrity Solstice Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean

Value for Money

Cabin review: Deluxe Veranda

2B
Need more drawer space.

Was unable to hear tour guid. Was always running aheas and did not wait for evryone to gather before describing what we were seeing.

Published 11/04/12

Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Solstice Review

Celebrity Solstice Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?